As usual, CSD services are continuously improving and changes brought to facilitate better service to the beneficiaries. CSD has already started online booking of AFD items like Car, Bike, TV, AC, Refrigerator etc 2 years ago. During the initial stage every system faces some difficulties and change in system is necessary to provide better service to the beneficiaries. Aiming this, the CSD department has also changed several things in the CSD AFD items purchase process for serving and retired soldiers.
If you are planning to buy any big / costly items from CSD, must know the detailed new process of CSD AFD online item pruchase process in details. CSD Department has published the instructions alongwith flowcharg on 11 Nov 2023 which is reproduced below :-
The CSD Dte letter dated 11 Nov 2023 is reproduced below :-
|Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) |
Quartermaster General’s Branch
Canteen Services Directorate
West Block-Ill, Wing-Ill,
R K Puram, New Delhi-110066
No 95350/Q/DDGCS/Policy 11 Nov 2023
As per Distribution List
IMPLEMENTATION OF REVISED WORK FLOW ON AFD PORTAL
1 The workflow for processing demands placed by beneficiaries on AFD Portal (www.afd.csdindia.qov.in) is under revision. The revised workflow is enclosed as Appx.
2. The revised workflow is being implemented wef Dec 2023. Sales on AFD Portal will be closed wef 27 Nov (2230h) onwards for implementation of the revised workflow. Sales for Dec 2023 are likely to commence on 04 Dec 2023 and the Portal will not be accessible to URCs wef 01 Dec to 03 Dec 2023. Old demands created before 27 Nov 2023 will not be accessible to URCs post implementation of the revised workflow.
3. URCs nominated for sale of AFD-I items be directed to ensure that all demands are completed/ cleared by 30 Nov 2023 to avoid hassles for beneficiaries. Beneficiaries failing to collect their LS Orders by 29 Nov 2023 be contacted by the URCs and advised to collect the same on 30 Nov 2023.
4. It is also requested that the following instructions be disseminated to all URCs:-
(a) Revised workflow be displayed on URC notice boards for info of all beneficiaries.
(b) Beneficiaries be advised to desist from making payments to CSD before approval of the demand by the concerned CSD Depot.
5. The contents of this fetter may please be disseminated to all units/ fmn and URCs or strict compliance please.
(Abhishek Sharma) Lt Col
for Brig CS
QMG Br (Interface B) For information please.
CSD HO 1. For info wit. your letter No AFD/VVork Flow/631 dated 13 Nov 2023.
2. It is requested that all CSD Depots be dir to clear all demands by 28 Nov
2023 allowing two days for clearance by URC.
Step by sep process of AFD items purchase is here –
(Refer CS Dte letter No 95350/Q/DDGCS/Policy dt 11 Nov 23)
REVISED WORK FLOW : AFD PORTAL
You may read the original letter in pdf form /download here –
For more Exservicemen welfare related information you may read the thousands of Article available in our website www.esminfoclub.com