What is Daughter’s Marriage Grant ?
This scheme provides financial assistance to Pensioner/Non-Pensioner Ex-Servicemen (ESM) up to the rank of Havildar or equivalent in the Navy/Air Force. The scheme was started in way back in the year 1981 with an amount of Rs 3,000/- per daughter. This was earlier revised in May 2007 to Rs 16,000/- per head and applicable up to two daughters. Thereafter it has been recommended in 16 Jul 2015 that wef 01 Apr 2016 Marriage Grant in r/o ESM/widows is enhanced from Rs 16,000/- per daughter to Rs 50,000/- per daughter (max upto two daughters) whose daughter’s marriages are solemnized after 01 Apr 2016. For latest guidelines published by DESW has been published and available at the bottom of this article.
Who are entiotled to get Daughter’s Marriage Grant
The aim of this aid gratis is to provide financial assistance to ESM or widows or Orphan daughter up to the rank of Havildar for marriage of their daughters and remarriage of widow of ESM.
Financial Assistance for Daughter’s Marriage
Paid out of AFFDF is provided for marriage of daughters of an eligible ESM or widow, at a rate of Rs 50,000/- per daughter/widow whose marriage is solemnized after 01 Apr 2016.
Eligibility Conditions for for Daughter’s Marriage
The following criteria must be fulfilled:
- Should apply online within 180 days from the date of solemnization of marriage.
- Applicant must be an ESM or his widow or his Orphan daughter.
- Should be of rank Havildar & below.
- The daughter should be above 18 years of age.
- Should be recommended by respective ZSB and RSB.
- Should not have obtained any financial grant for this purpose from State/Service.
Application (One per daughter)
ESM/widows/dependents online register themselves on KSB web site: www.ksb.gov.in and then apply online for the marriage grant. All the documents mentioned below must be scanned and uploaded with the application form.
- Complete colored scan copy of Discharge Book/Document (must have entry regarding daughter).
- Proof of Age of the daughter.
- Proof of Marriage – Certificate from Marriage Registrar.
- A Certificate from Applicant that he/she has not taken any money / assistance / grant from respective State Govt / Services towards the daughter’s marriage.
- Details of Bank A/c No i.e first page of Bank Passbook or cancelled cheque duly printed name of account holder, IFSC Code, Account no. and Name of Bank.
Channel of Application for for Daughter’s Marriage Grant
The application must be filled and forwarded online through the KSB web portal www.ksb.gov.in within 180 days of the solemnization of the marriage. The ZSW staff verifies the application after giving an appointment to the applicant. ZSB Officer recommends the case and forwards the same to RSB where Secretary RSB recommend the case, which finally reaches KSB..
Processing at KSB Sectt for for Daughter’s Marriage Grant
Once the application reaches KSB Sectt . The Staff and Officer at KSB caryy out vetting and approval of the application. Final payment is made online in due course based on availability of Funds in AFFD.
Payment Procedure for for Daughter’s Marriage Grant
After approval of the cases, the approved cases will be processed for payment via NEFT by the Accounts section of KSB Sectt.
Subsequent Grant for Second daughter’s Marriage
ESM/ Widow/Orphan daughter have the option of applying through a fresh online application for second daughter’s marriage. The application should be uploaded within 180 days from the date of marriage of each daughter.
- Sample Application Form( 404KB )
- Marriage Grant Self Declaration Certificate( 76KB )
- Application Authorization Flow( 400KB )
Latest information and updated guidelines on daughter’s Marriage Grant.