ECHS membership is compulsory for the Armed Forces Veterans. To facilitate the beneficiaries there are accute shortage of polyclincs in far flung areas. Some times, the Beneficiary required to travel 300KM to visit ECHS. Considering the lack of infrastructure, ECHS has now decided to open 17 New Polyclinics. 42 Polyclinics have been upgraded.
It has been observed that 80% of the members of Armed Forces are living in Rural areas and after retirement 70% veterans lives in Rural India, where no such ECHS faccilities available at their nearby cities. Only 30% veterans are residing nearby the ECHS polyclinics (in a radius of 30 KM). Due to distance matters, most of the beneficiaries avoid visiting ECHS as it is beyond Economic Facilities. Travelling cost from home to ECHS is quite high. Whereas, they can visit nearby pvt/govt hospitals with less amount and better treatment.
|Tele: 27886 (Extn 6235) Email ID: email@example.com||Station HQ ECHS Cell c/o HQ Telangana & Andhra Sub Area BISON Shopping Complex Secunderabad-15|
1133/New PC/ECHS 03 Oct 2023
HQ Eastern Naval Comd (ECHS) Naval Base
PO – Visakhapatnam-530014
STRENGTHENING OF ECHS SERVICES
1 Ref the fwg:-
Central Org ECHS letter No B/49705-Pan India Proposal/AG/ECHS dt 01 Sep 2023 vide which, opening of 17 New PCs have been approved (Copy att).
- Discussion on the subject wrt opening of new Polyclinic at Vishakhapatnam II (S No 16) between GOC, HQ Telangana & Andhra Sub Area on 23 Sep 2023 with COS, Eastern Naval Comd.
- Central Org ECHS vide their letter cited at Para 1 (a) above has already approved opening of a new Type ‘ID’ Polyclinic at Visakhapatnam (Visakhapatnam II). As per discussion between the General Officers, you are requested to ensure opening of the said PC on the outer fringes of the district so that maximum beneficiaries can utilize the services of the Polyclinic.
- For info and n/a pl.
Central Organisation ECHS
Adjutant General’s Branch IHQ,of MoD (Army) –
Thimayya Marg Near Gopinath Circle Delhi Cantt-10
|B/49705-Pan India Proposal/AG/ECHS IHQ of -MoD (Navy)/ PD ECHS DAV (Air HQ) HQ Southern Command (A/ECHS)|
HQ Western Command (A/ECHS)
HQ Central Command (A/ECHS) HQ South Western Comma (A/ECHS)
HQ Northern Command (A/ECHS) HQ Eastern,Command (A/ECHS)
|01 Sep 2023|
STRENGTHENING OF ECHS SERVICES
- A case for opening of 17 New Polyclinics and upgradation of 42 Polyclinics, had been taken up with MoD during Dec 2022. A pn on the sub to Hon’ble RM by MD, ECHS was carried out on 14 Jul 2023 wherein verbal a. a royal of Hon’ble RM was granted. A written sanction to ‘go ahead’ from MoD is ‘expected’ shortly.
2. In light of the above, it is suggested that respective Comd HQs, may issue suitable instructions to fmns/ Area/ Sub Area and Stn HQs to initiate the preparatory process required for est of new Polyclinics/ Upgradation. It would Incl critical aspects related to land, designing or hire of suitable bldgs at given lots. Such a ground work will facilitate in saving time and facilitate in executing the project in an organised manner after receipt of formal sanction.
- List of proposal for est of new Polyclinics and upgradation of existing Polyclinics is att.
- For info and necessary action pl.
Dir (Ops & Coord) for Ma ECHS
End:- As above
UPGRADATION OF 42 POLYCLINICS
|4||Gurgaon (Sohna Rd)||D||386||Delhi-I||A|
|17||Ghaziabad – Hindon||D||302||Delhi-II||A|
|30||Tarantaran / Patti||D||238||Jalandhar||B|
|37||South Pune (Lohegaon) on||D||208 _||Pune||C|
|Ser No||Polyclinic||State||Type||Comd HQ|
|4||Gomti Area||UP||C||HQ CC|
|6||Bangalore Whitefield||Karnataka||D||Air Force|
|9||Sainikpuri Hyderabad||Telangana||D||HQ SC|
|10||Sec 21 JVV Noida||UP||D||HQ WC|
|11||Sec 82 Noida||UP||D||HQ WC|
|13||Pune (Nyati)||Maharashtra||D||HQ SC|
|14||Patna II||Bihar||D||HQ CC|
|15||Meerut II||UP||D||HQ CC|
|16||Vishakhapatnam II||Andhra Pradesh||D||NAVY|