New Physical and Mdical Fitness Policy has been formulated and being implemented in Indian Army to address the declining physical standards among officers and the rise of lifestyle diseases.
The new Fitness policy of Indian Army imposes punitive action for personnel with obesity who have no improvement within 30 days. It also introduces additional tests for army personnel.
According to the new Physical Fitness Policy of the Army, a Brigadier rank officer will conduct the Physical Fitness Test in every quarter or the occasions as and when required. Under the previous structure, a commanding officer in the rank of Colonel handled quarterly tests, but now the system has been changed. Moreover, each personnel member is required to maintain an Army Physical Fitness Assessment Card (APAC).
The new policy aimed to bring uniformity in the testing process. All ranks of Indian Soldiers, i.e Officers and PBOR everyone should have to follow this process and new norms of Physical Fitness.
Under the present rules, the Battle Physical Efficiency Test (BPET) and the Physical Proficiency Test (PPT) tests are conducted quarterly at unit level under the control of Commanding Officer and conducted by Second in Command of the Unit. The BPET requires individuals to complete a set of physical exercises, including running, sprinting, and climbing Horizontal and vertical rope within a specified time based on age.
The PPT test is also a similar set of exercises which includes running and rope climbing and other tests – Chin up, push up, sprint etc.
Passing BPET and PPT is mandatory to get promotion, maintain good ACR and grant of Leave .
New Items added 32 KM March- Swimming Proficiency Test (SPT) etc
In addition to BPET and PPT, a 32 km route march and a 10 km speed march every six months have been added. The new Physical Fitness policy also calls for an annual 50-meter swimming proficiency test. This aquatic test was earlier conducted only in facilities, where the resources were available and in some specific branch of units.
As per the new policy formulated, all personnel are required to maintain their APAC cards and submit the results in 24 hours to track progress.
The soldiers and officers unable to fulfill the fitness standards and falling within the “overweight” category will be given a 30-day grace period for making improvements as stated in the policy letter. The new policy also includes curtailment of leave and courses as a measure to boost performance.
Under the new policy frame, officers’ APACs will be linked to their ACR.
New table of Height and Standard Weight as per Army Physical Fitness
- SPARSH Pensioners Facing Difficulties : Find a Solution Here.Due to some system fault, SPARSH Pensioners are facing difficulties… Read more: SPARSH Pensioners Facing Difficulties : Find a Solution Here.
- ECHS Latest Rules on Unblocking Dependent’s ECHS Card in 2024Guide to Unblocking ECHS Card of Dependents A large number… Read more: ECHS Latest Rules on Unblocking Dependent’s ECHS Card in 2024
- Documents for ECHS Referral to Pvt Hospitals : Keep Ready for EmergenciesReferral to Empanelled Hospital by ECHS Polyclinic need following documents… Read more: Documents for ECHS Referral to Pvt Hospitals : Keep Ready for Emergencies
- How to Update PAN and Email ID on SPARSH Portal Once you have received your SPARSH user ID and Password… Read more: How to Update PAN and Email ID on SPARSH Portal
- DA Crossed 50% in January and Now DA for July 24 based on AICPN is more PositiveAs you all know, inflation has already exceeded 50% since… Read more: DA Crossed 50% in January and Now DA for July 24 based on AICPN is more Positive
- Ex-servicemen may Get Refund of Lakhs of Rupees : Eligible Pensioners Apply NowThere is great news for Ex-servicemen. Many pensioners have noticed… Read more: Ex-servicemen may Get Refund of Lakhs of Rupees : Eligible Pensioners Apply Now
54% off – Eightiz Refrigerator Stand, Washing Machine Stand Furniture Base Stand Fridge Stands with Tank Tread Grip for Washer and Dryer Home Appliances (conical) =- Price – ₹299.00 (₹74.75 / Count)
48% Morphy Richards Europa Drip Espresso Coffee Machine For Home|600W Drip Coffee Maker|6-Cups Capacity*|Anti-Drip Function|Dry Heat Protection|Warming Plate|2-Yr Warranty By Brand|Black – Price ₹3,095.00
48% Prestige Stainless Steel 1.5 Litre Kettle 1500-Watts, Red Price – ₹1,245.00
10% off – Pidilite WD 40 Smart Straw|All Purpose Cleaner for Home Improvement|Multipurpose Spray to Clean Chimney, Stain, and Surface|Loosen Stuck & Rust Parts, Removes Sticky Residue, & Auto Maintenance-500ML – Price ₹500.00 (₹500.00 / count)
33% off – Asian Paints ezyCR8 Rust Remover Spray, for Auto Maintenance, Home Improvement, Loosens Stuck & Rust Parts, Removes Sticky Residue, Descaling, Protectant & Cleaning Agent (250 ml) – Price ₹210.00
90% off Rylan Adhesive Hooks 13.2LB(Max) Heavy Duty Self Adhesive Hooks Transparent Waterproof and Oilproof Wall Hooks for Kitchen Bathroom Shower Door Outdoor Home Improvement Utility Hook 5 Pack Price ₹999.00
49% off – Khillayox Microfiber Cleaning Cloths, 400 GSM Reusable & Washable Cleaning Cloth | Highly Absorbent Lint and Streak-Free Multi-Purpose Wash Cloth for Kitchen Home Floor Car Window Pack of 6-25×25 cm -= prioce – ₹499.00
74% off – Wireless Doorbell, Himster Waterproof Door Bell Chime Kit Alarm for Home at Over 1000 Feet Range Operating with 56 Melodies, LED Flash, 7 Levels Adjustable Volume (Black 1 Transmitter & 1 Receiver) = Price ₹3,499.00