Liberalized family pension to the widow of Commissioned Officer (including SSC Officers and EC Officers) and PBOR who died under the circumstances mentioned in category ‘D’ & ‘E’ of Para 4.1 of Govt. of India Min of Def. letter No. 1(2)97/D(Pen-C) dated 31.01.2001, shall be admissible at the rate equal to the reckonable emoluments last drawn by the deceased Officer. Children allowance will not be admissible in addition.
In general, Liberalized Family Pension is granted equal to the reckonable emoluments last drawn by the deceased granted to the families of personnel killed in war or war like operations, counter-insurgency operations, encounter with terrorists etc.
If the deceased is not survived by a widow but survived by child/children only, all children together, shall be eligible for family pension at the rate equal to 60% reckonable emoluments without children allowance.
LIBRALISED DEPENDANT PENSION IN RESPECT OF COMMISSIONED OFFICERS (INCLUDING MNS OFFICERS TA OFFICERS AND EC OFFICERS/SSC OFFICERS)
Where an officer dies as a bachelor or as a widower without children under the circumstances mentioned in Para ‘4.1’ ‘D’ & ‘E’ of Govt. of India Min. of Def. letter No. 1(2)97/D (Pen-C) dated 31.01.2001 Dependent Pension (Liberalized) shall be admissible to parents without reference to their pecuniary circumstances at the rate of 75% of liberalized family pension for both parents and at the rate of 60% of liberalized family pension for single parent. On the death of one parent dependent pension at the lesser rate shall be admissible to the surviving parent. In the absence of parents dependent pension shall be admissible to dependent brother(s)/ sister(s) if otherwise eligible, at the rate of 60% of LFP.
LIBERALIZED FAMILY PENSION ON RE-MARRIAGE OF WIDOW (A) OFFICER
Liberalized family pension on re-marriage of widow shall be regulated as follows:-
(i) If she has children.
(a) If she continues to support children after re-marriage – Full liberalised family pension to continue to widow.
(b) If she does not support children after re-marriage – Ordinary family pension @ 30% to the widow. Special family pension at 60% to Eligible children.
(ii) If a widow has no children – Full liberalised family pension to continue to widow.
PERSONNEL BELOW OFFICER RANK (PBOR
(i) If liberalized family pension is sanctioned as first life award to widow:-
Provisions of Para 6.6 above shall apply.
(ii) Where first life award is sanctioned to parents:-
The admissibility of liberalised family pension in such cases would be regulated depending upon the time of widow’s re-marriage as follows:- (aa) If widow continues to support the children or has no children:- Widow shall get family pension equal to Special Family Pension (i.e. 60% of Liberalised Family Pension or reckonable emoluments) from the date of remarriage and parents shall also get family pension @ 60% of Liberalised Family Pension for the balance of 7 years if the remarriage of widow takes place during 7 years of casualty. After the period of 7 years or where remarriage of widow took place after 7 years, the widow shall get family pension @ 60% of Liberalised Family Pension and parents shall get family pension @ 30% of Liberalised Family Pension.
On death or disqualification of parents, widow shall get family pension equal to the Liberalised Family Pension. (ab) If widow does not support the children:- Widow shall get Ordinary Family Pension (i.e. 30% of reckonable emoluments) for life from the date of remarriage and the parents shall continue to get first life award at the same rate (i.e. full Liberalized Family Pension) for balance of 7 years where remarriage takes place within 7 years of casualty, provided they support the children.
Otherwise, the entitlement of parents shall be equally divided between the parents and children. After the period of 7 years of casualty or where remarriage of widow takes place after 7 years of casualty, parents shall get family pension @ 60% of Liberalised Family Pension provided Defence Pension Training Institute, Allahabad 26 they support the children otherwise it shall be divided equally between the parents and children.
On death/disqualification of parents of the deceased, the senior most eligible child shall get family pension @ 60% of Liberalised Family Pension. NOTE : Wherever, children become beneficiary, the award shall be continued for a period and subject to conditions as applicable for the grant of Special Family Pension.
References and Updates on Liberalised Family pension –
- How to Update PAN and Email ID on SPARSH Portal Once you have received your SPARSH user ID and Password… Read more: How to Update PAN and Email ID on SPARSH Portal
- DA Crossed 50% in January and Now DA for July 24 based on AICPN is more PositiveAs you all know, inflation has already exceeded 50% since… Read more: DA Crossed 50% in January and Now DA for July 24 based on AICPN is more Positive
- Ex-servicemen may Get Refund of Lakhs of Rupees : Eligible Pensioners Apply NowThere is great news for Ex-servicemen. Many pensioners have noticed… Read more: Ex-servicemen may Get Refund of Lakhs of Rupees : Eligible Pensioners Apply Now
- Ex-servicemen and Soldiers Honoured : Salute to these Private OrganisationsExservicemen and soldiers feel honoured as they have been respected… Read more: Ex-servicemen and Soldiers Honoured : Salute to these Private Organisations
- Reality of Modernisation projects of Indian ArmyIn a discussion about the introduction of Agniveer, Colonel Shailendra… Read more: Reality of Modernisation projects of Indian Army
- On SPARSH Portal must Upload Income Tax Declaration : Follow this ProcessAfter OROP 2 and 7th CPC revision, pension of the… Read more: On SPARSH Portal must Upload Income Tax Declaration : Follow this Process