Roll of Kendriya Sainik Board to lookafter our veterans
KSB extends many welare scchemes for exservicemen and their family members for ease of living. hundreds and thusands of veterans and war widows used to get benefit from all these benefits. the sacrifie for the motherland by our soldiers is honoured by extending such welfare schemes by Kendriya Sainik Board besides the schemes to support the family members of exservicemen by the cconccerned state government.
Recently the MoD has issued a letter regarding disccontinuation of three welfare schemes due to non utilisation. The details of the schemes as dscribed in their letter dated 31 March 2022 is reproduced below :-
REVIEW OF WELFARE SCHEMES FROM AFFDF SCHEMES
- Under the “Ease of living” policy of the Govt of India, some of the existing welfare schemes promulgated for ESMs have been reviewed and the changes will be effective wef 01 Apr 2022:-
- Financial Assistance to ESM in Penury. ESM and their kin applying for penury grant from Armed Forces Flag Day Fund will no more be required to get a ‘NIL Income’ certificate from Revenue Authorities Instead, the above certificate will be reworded to say that the applicant is not in receipt of any pension/ grant from State/ Central Govt.
- Provision of Mobility Equipment to disabled ESMs. The financial assistance of Rs. 57,5001-(Rupees Fifty seven thousand five hundred only) now stands revised to Rs. 1,00,0001-(Rupees One lakh only). This payment will be made 100% in advance by KSB to ESM beneficiaries who have to only submit proof of purchase of vehice within 60 days from receipt of advance.
- Financial Assistnce to 100% Disabled children of ESM! widows. The scheme (Rs. 30001-PM) was applicable only upto the rank of Havildar( or equivalent of Navy and Air Force) and below. The same is being extended upto the Rank of JCOs(and their equivalent of Navy and Air Force).
2. Furthermore, the following three schemes have had negligible/ NIL subscription in the last five years from AFFDF. Hence, w.e.f 01 Apr 2022 they will not be funded from AFFDF, however. they will continue to be funded with higher amounts from respective Services and States/ UTs:-
- Funeral Grant.
- House Repair Grant.
- NDA Cadet Grant
3. The above will come into effect from 01 Apr 2022. However, pending applications online upto 31 Mar 22 if any. will be processed for payment.
4. All RSBs have been requested to disseminate this information to all ZSBs and the ESM fraternity at large in their respective jurisdiction.