As per the Pension regulations Family pension will be paid to the Family of the deceased Employee / Soldier/Officer. However some conditions must be fulfilled to be eligible to get Family Pension. In this article we will discuss these simple conditions here.
1) To get Family Pension (FP), Wife’s Name and DOB must be correctly written in a PPO. That PPO can be either a JN-PPO or a NEW PPO on her Name.
2) When wife’s Name is written in ESM’s PPO, then it is called JOINTLY NOTIFIED PPO or a JN-PPO.
3) When a JN-PPO is available with ESM, there will be NO SEPARATE PPO published in the NAME of Wife/Widow, after the death of ESM. Same JN-PPO of late ESM will continue to be the PPO for the entire life time of his Wife/Widow.
4) REMEMBER, WITHOUT A JN-PPO, WIFE’S FAMILY PENSION WILL NOT START IMMEDIATELY BY BANK, AFTER THE DEATH OF ESM.
5) IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A JN-PPO with your Wife, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY “IN YOUR LIFE TIME” TO GET A JN-PPO.
6) IT IS THE DUTY OF ALL ESM TO ENSURE THAT, HIS WIFE’S NAME AND DOB ARE CORRECTLY ENDORSED IN HIS PPO AND HIS PPO IS A “JN-PPO.”
7) THOSE WHO HAVE RETIRED BEFORE 1994, DO NOT HAVE A JN-PPO. They have only PENSION BOOKS. In their Pension Books/Certificate, WIFE’S NAMEs are WRITTEN ONLY AS LTA (Life Time Arrears) NOMINEEs. This is only to withdraw left over money from their pension accounts, after their deaths. But LTA nomination is NOT to GET FAMILY PENSIONs AFTER their DEATHs. Please DO NOT MAKE THIS MISTAKE.
8) If JN-PPO is Not available, then a fresh case will have to be taken up, after the Death of ESM, with Record Office (RO) and PCDA, to generate a “New PPO on Wife’s Name.” This may take 1-2 yrs and during that period Widow will NOT GET ANY PENSION and other service benefits, such as Widow I Card, CSD Cards etc.
In respect of family pension, where the pension is payable to more than one individuals, each share containing a fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to next higher rupee except in cases where family pension, if all the shares are put together, exceed the maximum limit of family pension admissible. However, in exceptional and rare case, where the shares of family pension rounded off as above when added, cause an excess over the maximum limit, such case should be referred to Government of India for a decision.
The ordinary family pension shall first be payable to the surviving spouse and in his absence or in the event of his disqualification or death, to the eligible child in the order of birth irrespective of the sex of the child and the younger of them will not be eligible for family pension unless the elder above him becomes ineligible for the grant of ordinary family pension.
Amount of Family Pension is (Ordinary FP) Granted @ 30% of reckonable emoluments last drawn subject to a minimum of Rs.9000/- p.m. (in case of natural death of the individual).
Kind of family Pension – Ordinary family pension /Special family pension /Liberalized family pension .
The payment of dearness relief on family pension to employed family pensioners shall remain payable during the period of employment.
- How to Update PAN and Email ID on SPARSH Portal Once you have received your SPARSH user ID and Password… Read more: How to Update PAN and Email ID on SPARSH Portal
- DA Crossed 50% in January and Now DA for July 24 based on AICPN is more PositiveAs you all know, inflation has already exceeded 50% since… Read more: DA Crossed 50% in January and Now DA for July 24 based on AICPN is more Positive
- Ex-servicemen may Get Refund of Lakhs of Rupees : Eligible Pensioners Apply NowThere is great news for Ex-servicemen. Many pensioners have noticed… Read more: Ex-servicemen may Get Refund of Lakhs of Rupees : Eligible Pensioners Apply Now
- Ex-servicemen and Soldiers Honoured : Salute to these Private OrganisationsExservicemen and soldiers feel honoured as they have been respected… Read more: Ex-servicemen and Soldiers Honoured : Salute to these Private Organisations
- Reality of Modernisation projects of Indian ArmyIn a discussion about the introduction of Agniveer, Colonel Shailendra… Read more: Reality of Modernisation projects of Indian Army
- On SPARSH Portal must Upload Income Tax Declaration : Follow this ProcessAfter OROP 2 and 7th CPC revision, pension of the… Read more: On SPARSH Portal must Upload Income Tax Declaration : Follow this Process