As per provisions of DOPT OM dated 03 April 1991 which is still effective, the Armed Forces personnel who are likely to be an Ex-Servicemen after their retirement, are permitted to apply for the re-employment, a year before completing their prescribed period of engagement. Thus all Service Personnel become eligible for applying civil posts within their lastOne Yearwhen he completes the prescribed period of respective Service (Army/ Nay/ Air Force) from the last date for receiving application in connection with Recruitment/ Examination, etc.
Authority 36034/2/91-Estt (SCT) dated 03rd April 1991 Copy of the letter is reproduced below :-
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi Dated 3rd April, 1991
Subject: Form of Undertaking to furnished by Armed Forces personnel applying for Civil Posts under Ex-Servicemen category
The undersigned is directed to refer to the explanation below Rule 2 (c) of the Ex-Servicemen (Re-employment in Central Civil Services and Posts Rules, 1979 and the Notification of Personnel and Training Department No. 36034/5/85-Estt.(SC), dated 27.10.1986, according to which officials, who are working in Armed Forces and would come under Ex-Servicemen category after their retirement are permitted to apply for the reemployment, a year before their completing the prescribed period. The matter of applying uniform procedure for accepting the status of Ex-Servicemen for such employees as are working in Armed Forces Service and applying for civil posts on Re-employment basis, has been under consideration in this Department for some time. It has now been decided that in accordance with the above “clarification”, a candidate working in Armed Forces would become eligible for applying civil posts only when he completes the prescribed period of Army Service within a year from the last date for receiving application in connection with Special Recruitment/Examination, etc., prescribed by the Competent Authority.
- The pro forma of the certificate to be submitted along with the application form is given below. [Vide Appendix- 2]
- Since the appointment of such a candidate is subject to his submitting documentary evidence that he has been duly released/retired/discharged from the Armed Forces and qualified as an Ex-Serviceman in terms of the rules ibid, such a candidate shall be required to submit along with his application an undertaking duly signed by him in the following format: –[vide Appendix- 3]
- Director-General, (Resettlement) is being requested separately to advise the various Rajya/Zilla Sainik Boards regarding furnishing of documentary evidence to eligible ex-servicemen.
FORM OF UNDERTAKING TO BE GIVEN BY CANDIDATES APPLYING
FOR CIVIL POSTS UNDER EX-SERVICEMEN CATEGORY
I understand that, if selected on the basis of the recruitment/examination to which this application relates, my appointment will be subject to my producing documentary evidence to the satisfaction of the Appointing Authority that I have been duly released/retired/discharges from the Armed Forces and that I am entitled to the benefits admissible to ex-servicemen in terms of the Ex-servicemen (Re-employment in Central Civil Services and Posts) Rules, 1979, as amended from time to time.
2. I also understand that I shall not be eligible to be appointed to a vacancy reserved for Ex-servicemen in regard to the recruitment covered by this examination, if I have at any time prior to such appointment, secured any employment on the civil side (including Public Sector Undertaking, Autonomous Bodies/Statutory Bodies, Nationalized Banks, etc.), by availing of the concession of reservation of vacancies admissible to Ex-servicemen.
Place: Signature of Candidate
- 8th CPC News
- Defence News
- Dependent of ESM
- Disability Pension
- ECHS update
- Fauji Story
- Govt Service Rules
- health guide
- Jobs for ESM
- OROP Latest News
- OROP revision
- Pay Fixation of Reemployed ESM
- Service Pension
- Welfare of ESM
- Welfare of serving personnel