RIMC has a rich history and is known for producing many distinguished officers in the Indian Armed Forces, making it a respected institution in the country’s military education system.
Rashtriya Indian Military College (RIMC) is a prestigious military school in India. Established in 1922, it is located in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, and is one of the oldest military schools in the country. RIMC is an inter-service institution that provides quality education and military training to young boys, grooming them for entry into the Armed Forces of India.
RIMC serves as a feeder institution to the National Defence Academy (NDA), which is the joint services academy of the Indian Armed Forces, where cadets receive training before they go on to respective service academies for further pre-commissioning training. Students at RIMC are prepared academically, physically, and mentally to excel in various competitive examinations, including the NDA entrance exam.
The college selects students through a rigorous admission process that includes a written examination, followed by a viva voce (interview) and a medical examination. Successful candidates are admitted to the college, where they undergo a comprehensive training program that includes academics, sports, and military drills. Admission notice to RIMC for 2023 is here –
RASHTRIYA MILITARY SCHOOLS
APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION TO CLASS VI AND CLASS IX FOR ACADEMIC SESSION 2024-25
- Applications are invited for admission to Class VI (Boys & Girls) and Class IX (Boys only) in Rashtriya Military Schools located at Chail (Himachal Pradesh), Ajmer (Rajasthan), Belgaum (Karnataka), Bengaluru (Karnataka) and Dholpur (Rajasthan) for the Academic Session 2024-25.
- Rashtriya Military Schools are fully residential public schools affiliated to CBSE and function under the aegis of Ministry of Defence.
- Class VI. Candidates (Boys & Girls) aged between 10-12 years as on 31 March 2024 (born between 01 April 2012 to 31 March 2014, both days inclusive) are eligible.
- Class IX. Only boys aged between 13-15 years as on 31 March 2024 (born between 01 April 2009 to 31 March 2011, both days inclusive) are eligible.
Note. Six months relaxation in upper age limit is permissible for the wards of personnel Killed in Action for admission to Class VI and Class IX respectively.
- (b) Educational Qualification
- Class VI. Candidate should have passed Class V from a govt/recognized school before the date of admission. Students studying in Class V are also eligible to appear in the entrance test for Class VI.
- Class IX. Candidate should have passed Class VIII from a govt/recognized school before the date of admission. Students studying in Class VIII are also eligible to appear in the entrance test for Class IX.
(c) Entrance Examination : The date of Multiple Choice OMR based Common Entrance Test (CET) for admission to Class VI & IX will be forwarded to all candidates on their registered E-mail ids, mobile numbers through Email / SMS. In addition, such information will also be available on school website www.rashtriyamilitaryschools.edu.in. The Common Entrance Test consists of subjects as mentioned below:-
|VI||Intelligence, General Knowledge, Mathematics and English||Questions of Class V level|
|IX||English, Hindi, Social Science, Mathematics and Science||Questions of Class VIII level|
4. Reservation of Vacancies
70% for wards of JCOs/OR of Army & equivalent rank of Navy and AF (including ex-servicemen).
30% for wards of officers of Army, Navy and AF (including retired officers) and wards of civilians.
A max of 50 seats in all classes put together are earmarked for category “Killed in Action” in all five RMSs together at any point of time.
Note: 27%, 15% and 7.5% seats are reserved for OBC (Non Creamy Layer), SC and ST respectively in all categories.
For CI-VI, 10% seats or 30 vacancies maximum (put together in all 05 RMSs) will be reserved for Girl candidates.
5. Admit Cards, Interview and Results. Admit Cards and results will be hosted on the School website www.rashtrivamilitaryschools.edu.in on Internet and can be downloaded. Candidates who clear the Common Entrance Test and are figuring in the merit list will be required to appear for Interview at designated Rashtriya Military Schools. Final merit list will be prepared after the Interview.
6. Medical. Shortlisted candidates based on cumulative score of CET and interview will have to undergo medical exam at Military Hospitals as nominated by the Director General of Medical Services prior to admission. Only those candidates found medically fit will be offered admission.
7. Application Forms. Online Application Form will be available from 18 Sep 2023 (2000h) at www.rashtrivamilitaryschools.edu.in. Last date of submission of online application and payment of application fee is 18 Oct 2023 (2000h).
8. Important Instructions:–
(a)6 Parents/candidates should exercise due care while filling up the online application form. If on verification or otherwise at any subsequent stage, incorrect information or some variations are found, the candidature is liable to be rejected. 6
- Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents will be done during admission.
- Candidates should also note that once the Date of Birth and Category have been claimed by them and entered in the records of the form for the purpose of admission, no change will be allowed subsequently on any ground whatsoever.
9. Contact Details6
- Rashtriya Military School, Chail, Shimla Hills, Himachal Pradesh – 173 217, Ph: 01792-248326
- Rashtriya Military School, Ajmer, Rajasthan – 305 001, Ph: 0145-2624105
- Rashtriya Military School, Belgaum, Karnataka – 590 009, Ph: 0831-2406912
- Rashtriya Military School, Bengaluru, PB-25040, Museum Road, Karnataka — 560 025, Ph: 080-25554972
- Rashtriya Military School, Dholpur, Rajasthan – 328 028, Ph: 05642-220749