Got has introduced a special scholarship for students of technical education which is known as PMSS with full form Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme. It was introduced from the Academic year 2006-07 to encourage higher technical and professional education for the dependent wards of Ex Servicemen / Ex Coast Guard personnel and their widows.
Last date for application of PMSS Scholarship 2023 has been declared by KSB. Fresh Application for PMSS for Academic Year 2023-24 is now open. Eligible students are invited to apply online. Last date to apply is 30 Nov 2023.
Who are eligible to get PMSS Scholarship ?
- Students (Wards of ESM) who have taken admission in 1st year (except Lateral Entry & Integrated Course) are only eligible to apply for PMSS. Students must apply online on KSB web portal www.ksb.gov.in. Students should have scored 60% and above in Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) i.e. 10+2 / Diploma / Graduation.
- Students studying in 2nd or subsequent years are not eligible (except for integrated courses – where 1st portion is academic and 2nd portion is integrated as professional course). In such cases student need to apply for scholarship on taking admission as per ‘Para 18 of Important Instructions’ available at link PMSS – New Application – How to Apply for Scholarship.
- Students who are Dependent Wards / Widows of Ex Servicemen & Ex Coast Guard personnel& fufill above conditions are only eligible..
- Wards of Civilians including Para Military Personnel are NOT ELIGIBLE.
PMSS Scholarship Amout and Selection Priocess
A total number of 5500 wards / widows of Ex-servicemen are selected for scholarship in each academic year. Scholarships are equally divided amongst boys and girls i.e. 2750 each.
Scholarships are paid for a period of one to five years as per the duration of the courses approved by the concerned regulatory bodies.
Scholarship amount is paid annually to the selected students.
Amount of PMSS Scholarship
For Boys – Rs 2500/- per month
For Girls – Rs 3000/- per month
How to Apply for the PMSS Scholarship ?
Application to be filled ONLINE by visiting KSB website www.ksb.gov.in. Hard copy / paper application will not be entertained. One candidate can apply for one course only. For easy understanding how to apply ONLINE, a flow chart is appended below.
(a) Click here ( 131KB ) Check List for Students.
b) Click here ( 108KB ) Flow Chart for filling up New Application for PMSS.
(c) Click here ( 160KB ) Important Instructions for PMSS.
List of Priority for Grant of PMSS Scholarship to Defence Personnel
Order of preference for selection of candidates for PMSS Scholarship will be as under:-
Category 1 Wards & Widows of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel killed in action.
Category 2 Wards of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel disabled in action and boarded out of service with disability attributable to Military / Coast Guard service.
Category 3 Wards & Widows of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel who died while in service for causes attributable to Military / Coast Guard Service.
Category 4 Wards of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel disabled in service with disability attributable to Military / Coast Guard Service.
Category 5 Wards & Widows of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel in receipt of gallantry awards.
Category 6 Wards / Widows of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel (PBOR Only).
Eligible Courses to get PMSS Scholarship
The Eligibility Criteria for PMSS Courses are As Under :
- First Professional Degree Courses like BE, B Tech, BDS, MBBS, B Ed, BBA, BCA, B Pharma, etc. duly recognized by the respective Government Regulatory Bodies, such as All India Council for Technical Education, Medical Council of India, UGC etc.
- Master Degree Courses are not eligible for PMSS except MBA / MCA Courses.
- Students studying abroad are not eligible for this scheme. No distance learning course is permitted under PMSS. PMSS can be availed for ONE COURSE only
Click here(134 KB ) for list of Eligible Courses under PMSS
PMSS Scholarship for Integrated Courses
Selection of candidates seeking PMSS for pursuing dual degree integrated courses will be governed by under mentioned parameters :
- Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) will be 10+2. However when applying student need to upload mark sheets of 10+2 in all cases, 1st year and 2nd year (all semesters) where 1st course is non-professional.
- There are two types of Integrated Courses (dual degree) which are discussed below :
- Integrated courses (dual degree) which have both the courses as Professional/Technical for example BE+ME, B.Tech+M.Tech, BBA+MBA etc. In such cases only first professional degree will be granted scholarship.
- Integrated Courses (dual degree) which have first degree as Academic (Non Professional) and second degree as Professional/Technical for example BA + LLB, B.Com + LLB, B.Sc.+B.Ed. In such cases student will be paid for professional part of the course and not for non professional/academic part.
- Student pursuing Integrated courses wherein one degree is professional and other degree is non professional, he/she will be awarded scholarship for professional portion of the dual degree course only and not for academic portion of such course. The same is illustrated with the help of an example as under :
- “In BA+LLB (dual degree course) first degree is BA which is non professional and 2nd degree is LLB is which is professional. Therefore, scholarship for professional portion (i.e. LLB) only will be provided”.
- When 1st degree is non-professional and 2nd degree is professional, in such cases, while seeking PM scholarship from third year onward student must have completed his previous two years of non professional course without fail. Repetition/RA/Failure will make student ineligible to apply for scholarship. Student should clear all subjects of 1st & 2nd year in first attempt and within stipulated time frame from date of admission, otherwise he/she will not be considered for award of scholarship and application will be rejected.
- Regulation of PM Scholarship in case of integrated courses has been further explained below:
WHEN 1ST DEGREE IS NON-PROFESSIONAL & 2ND DEGREE IS PROFESSIONAL THEN ONLY PROFESSIONAL COMPONENT OF THE DUAL DEGREE COURSE WILL BE AWARDED SCHOLARSHIP
|Sr. No.||CourseName||Non Professional||Professional Course to beAwarded Scholarship||Durationof Scholar-ship||When to Apply||MEQ|
|(i)||BA + LLBB.Com + LLBB.Sc + LLB||BAB.ComB.Sc||LLB||Last 3 Years||On Successful Completion of 2nd Year (Graduation) and on Admission to 3rd Year||10+2|
|(ii)||BA + B.Ed||BA||B.Ed||Last 2 Years||On Successful Completion of 2nd Year (Graduation) and on Admission to 3rd Year||10+2|
WHEN BOTH DEGREES ARE PROFESSIONAL THEN ONLY FIRST PROFESSIONAL COMPONENT OF DUAL DEGREE COURSE WILL BE AWARDED SCHOLARSHIP
|Sr. No||CourseName||1st Professional Course to beAwarded Scholarship||2nd Professional||Duration ofScholar-ship||When to Apply||MEQ|
|(iii)||BE + ME||BE||ME||First 4 Years||1st Year (On Admission)||10+2|
|(iv)||B.Tech + M.Tech||B.Tech||M.Tech||First 4 Years||1st Year (On Admission)||10+2|
Criteria of Minimum Eligible Marks in MEQ for PMSS Scholarship
Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) for entry to various professional courses differs e.g. for MBBS it is 10+2 whereas for BE/B Tech it is 10+2 / Diploma, for B.Ed and MBA it is graduation qualification. A candidate must have minimum 60% marks in MEQ to apply for PM Scholarship Scheme. All subjects will be taken for calculation of 60% marks including optional subjects also and not out of best subjects.
Acknowledgement of PMSS Scholarship Amount from Students
On receipt of scholarship amount from KSB, student is required to update Column 14 of Renewal Application by logging into his/her KSB account using Log ID & Password by entering ‘DATE OF PAYMENT AND AMOUNT RECEIVED’ (two separate columns). This is mandatory audit requirement to get benefit of PMSS, otherwise scholarship will be cancelled and the money already paid will be recovered. SAVE BUTTON is provided at bottom of Column 14. This action has to be completed immediately on receipt of scholarship amount for each instalment.
6 Important Aspects for ESM/Student Relating to PMSS Scholarship
- Students to response in time according to SMS/e-mail received from Kendriya Sainik Board.
- E-mail and Mobile Number mentioned in the application must be of student. Alternate Mobile Number can be of ESM. E-mail and mobile number once registered should not be changed since all messages being sent to the registered e-mail/mobile number
- During checking of new application if observation raised from ZSB/RSB and KSB is not rectified within the stipulated time frame of 10 days, then the application will be automatically rejected by the system. So ensure that the observation is rectified in time to avoid system rejection of application.
- During the period from January to May, processing, selection and preparation of merit list of new application (1st year students) is being done by KSB. Processing and payment of renewal application is done as and when received by KSB throughout the year EXCEPT from January to May. Student/ESM to keep in mind the periodicity of checking of application (new and renewal) before raising any query relating to checking/payment status of applications.
- Student/ESM should login to KSB account to check the status of application. It is to be noted while application status is showing pending to the student dashboard, but on ground the application is in the process at different levels / functionaries at KSB.
- Student studying abroad as well as distance learning case is not eligible for PMSS