As per Pension Regulation for the Army, Navy and Air Force, Disability assessed at the time of retirement by RMB/IMB is eligible to be broadbanded based on the type of discharge/retirement. based on the Decision of AFT in appeal of the pensioners, govt has instructed to the concerned authorities as PCDA (P), Allahabad can only issue PPO to affected petitioner after obtaining govt sanction letter issued by Service HQ. Detailed letter is reproduced below :-
The O I/C
Subject:- Broad banding of disability element in respect of Armed Forces Personnel retired/ discharged on completion of terms of engagement with disability/ aggravated by or attributable to Military Service — Implementation of Court/ AFTs orders.
Reference:- This office Circular No. 561 dated 10.06.2016.
Consequent upon issue of AG/PS-4 (Pen/Legal) letter No. PCA/70545/679/RRB/MI-20(A3) dated 25.07.2018 (copy enclosed) regarding broad banding of disability element in respect of Armed Forces Personnel retired/ discharged on completion of terms of engagement with disability/ aggravated by or attributable to Military Service — Implementation of Court/ AFTs orders, it is clarified that the PCDA(P), Allahabad/ PSAs can only issue PPO to affected petitioners after receiving the Govt. sanction letter issued by Services Headquarters in each and every case along with the claim from ROs.
- Therefore, this office Circular No. 561 dated 10.06.2016 stands cancelled in toto.
- This circular has been uploaded on official website of this office www.pcdapension.nic.in.
No. Gts/Tech/05/LXXXI (Sandeep Thakur)
Dated: 17.12.2018 Addl. CDA(P
- The Dy Secretary,Govt. of India, Ministry of PPG & P(Deptt. of P&PW),Lok Nayak
Bhawan,Khan Market, New Delhi.
- Director (Pensions), Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence 0 (Pen/Sers), Sena Bhawan, Wing ‘A’
- PO New Delhi – 110011.
- Naval HOrs, PP & A, DHO PO New Delhi.
- DPA, Vayu Bhawan, New Delhi- 11.
- Air HOrs Ad PP & P- 3, West Block-VI, R. K. Puram, New Delhi- 110066.
- Sr. Dy.CGDA(AT-II), 010 the CGDA, Ulan Batar Road, Palam, Delhi Cantt- 110010.
- PCDA (Navy) No.-1, Cooperage Road, Mumbai- 400039.
- PCDA (WC), Chandimandir, Chandigarh
- COA (AF), West Block-V, R. K. Puram, New Delhi- 110066.
- CDA, Chennai
- CDA (PO), Meerut
- JCDA (AF) Subroto Park, New Delhi- 110010.
- Director of Audit, Defence Service, New Delhi
- All Regiment Corp.
- Bureau of Sailors, Cheetah Camp, Mumbai.
- Air Force Record, Dhaula Kunwa, Delhi Cantt.
- Director MP8(1of R)lntegrated HO of MOD(Army)AG’s Branch, Addl Dte Gen of MP/MP8(1of
R) West Block-III, RK Puram ,N-Delhi 110066
- All Addl CsDAI Jt. CsDA in Main Office.
- All GOs in Main Office.
- The OI/C, G-1M(Tech), AT-ORs(Tech) & G-1/Civil (Tech.)
- All SAOs/AOs/AAOs in Gts/ORs Complex.
- The OI/C, EDP Manual.
- The OI/C, EDP Centre.
- The OI/C, PHP Cell EDP Centre
- All Sections in Main Office.
- The OIC, G -2 Section
- The OIIC, G-3 Section
- The OIIC, G – 4 Section
- The OIIC 0 & M Cell
- The OIIC Complaint Cell
- The OIIC, EDP Centre (Website) for uploading the circular on the website.
- Defence Pension Liaison Cell.
- The OI/C Reception Centre,PCDA(P) Allahabad-14.
- The OI/C, Defence Pension Training Institute, Allahabad..
Copy of the ADGPS AG/PS-4 letter dated 23 Jul 2018 as mentioned below :-
Addl Gen Pers Service
Room No — 16, L-1 Block
IHQ of MoD (Army)
IHQ of MoD (Army) New Delhi -110001
Pe-A/70545/679/R RB/M1-20(A3) 23 Jul 2018
BROAD BANDING OF DISABILITY ELEMENT IN RESPECT OF ARMED FORCES PERSONNEL RETIRED/DISCHARGED ON COMPLETION OF TERMS OF ENGAGEMENT WITH DISABILITY AGGRAVATED BY OR ATTRIBUTABLE TO MIL SERVICE – IMPLEMENTATION OF COURT / AFTs ORDERS
PI ref the followings:-
Gol, MoD(Pen/Legal) letter No 3(11) 2010-D(Pen/Legal)-PtV dt 18 Apr 2016.
Circular No 561 file No Gts/Tech/05/LXXVI of office PCDA(P), Allahabad dt 10 Jun 2016 addressed to OIC, Records, PAO (OR) duly signed by Asst Controller (Pensions).
Your office has issued corrigendum PPO No DE/Corr/0207/2018 dt 05 Mar 2018 duly quoting circular No 561 in respect of Hon’ble AFT (RB) Jaipur order dated 13 Dec 2017 passed in OA No 285/2016 in respect of JC-168320H Ex Subedar & Hony Lt Rekha Ram Barkesia, in the ibid court order, PPO was issued by PCDA(P), Allahabad.
MoD/P(Pen/Legal) was approached to clarify whether there is a need to change the procedure of Service HQ issuing the Govt sanction letter after due examination of court order or PCDA (P), Allahabad is empowered to execute all affected cases vide circular No 561 without the Service HQ issuing a govt sanction.
MoD/P(Pen/Legal) has clarified that the PCDA (P), Allahabad can only issue PPO to affected petitioner after obtaining govt sanction letter issued by Service HO.
For necessary action please.
(Vikas Bahuguna) Col
Dir, PS -4 (Pen/Legal)
for ADG PS
Download PDF Copy of the letter related to Broadbanding of Disability pension based on order of AFT – Click here to download