OROP table 2023 has been published by Ministry of Defence, Dept of Exservicemen Welfare (DESW) on 20 Jan 2023. Copy of the original Notification of OROP Pension policy letter No 1(1)/2019/D(Pen/Pol)/Vol-II dted 20 January 2023 is reproduced below :-
Government of India Ministry of Defence
Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare
Dated: 20″ January, 2023
The Chief of the Defence Staff
The Chief of the Army Staff
The Chief of the Naval Staff
The Chief of the Air Staff
Subject: One Rank One Pension to the Defence Forces Pensioners.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Ministry’s letter No. 1(1)/20 19/D(Pen/Pol) dated 04.01.2023 notifying revision of pension under One Rank One Pension Scheme (OROP) with effect from 01.07.2019 to all Pre-01.07.2019 Defence Forces Pensioners /Family Pensioners. Para 2 of the letter provides that detailed instructions relating to implementation of OROP along with tables indicating revised pension for each rank and each category, shall be issued separately.
- The undersigned is now directed to say that in order to quicken the process of revision of pension / family pension, total 121 tables indicating rates of pension / family pension under OROP scheme are appended to this order. The appended tables indicate revised rates of Retiring / Service /Special/ Disability / Invalid/Liberalized Disability/War Injury Pension including Disability/War Injury Element and Ordinary/Special /Liberalized Family Pension of Commissioned Officers, Honorary Commissioned Officers, JCOs/ORs and Non-Combatants (Enrolled) of Army, Navy, Air Force, Defence Secii1’ity Corps & Territorial Army Retiied/Discharged/Invalided Out from service/died in service or after retirement. The existing pension of all Pre- 01.07.2019 (except pensioners retired on or after 01.07.2014 or pre-matured retiiement/own request as provided in para 4 of MoD letter No. 1 2(1)/20 14/D(Pen/Pol)Part.II dated 07.11.20 15 as amended vide Ministry of Defence, Department of Ex-Servicemen welfare letter No. 12(1)/2014/D(Pen/PoI)Pan-II dated 06.06.2017) pensioners/family pensioners shall be enhanced with refer ence to applicable table for the rank (and group in case of JCOs/ORs) in which pensioner with reference to the actual qualifying service as shown in Columln-1 of the tables subject to maximum term of engagement front time to time. The rate of pension of pensioners/family pensioner drawing more than the revised rate of pension/family pension indicated in annexed tables, shall remain unchanged.
- The provisions of this letter shall be applicable to all pensioners/family pensioners who had been retired/ discharged/invalided out from service/died in service or after i etirement in the rank of Commissioned Officers, Honorary Commissioned Officers, JCOs/ORs and Non- Combatants (Enrolled) of Army, Navy, Air Force, Defence Security Corps, Territorial Army & Ex-State Forces and are in receipt of pension/family pension as on 0.1.07.2019 (except pensioners retired after previous OROP revision on pre mature retirement/own request).
- The provisions of this letter, however, do not apply to UK/HKSRA/KCIO pensioners, Pakistan & Burma Army pensioneis, Reservist pensioners and pensioners in receipt of Ex-gratia payments and pensioners retired after previous OROP revision on pre mature retirement/own request (as provided in para 4 of MoD letter dated 07.11.2015).
METHODOLOGY FOR IMPLEMENTATION
- It is provided in para-2.6 of MoD letter dated 04.0L2023 that the pensioners retired on or after 01.07.2014 on premature i etirement/own request are not eligible for benefits of OROP. The information regarding premature retirement/own request is not available in the Penslon Payment Order (PPO). Hence, table based revision by PDA in such cases is not feasible.
Read the full Notification and Check your pension from the tables of all rank and length of service below :-
- 8th CPC News
- Defence News
- Dependent of ESM
- Disability Pension
- ECHS update
- Fauji Story
- Govt Service Rules
- health guide
- Jobs for ESM
- OROP Latest News
- OROP revision
- Pay Fixation of Reemployed ESM
- Service Pension
- Welfare of ESM
- Welfare of serving personnel