DESW has published Official notification for grant of OROP on 04 January 2023. Thereafer the Appex Court has ordered o pay allrears and revision by 15 March 2023. Latest policy on grant of OROP and modalities of fixation of Pension has been described in this letter.
After reading this letter, you will get answer of all these questions.
What is the present position of OROP?
What is the status of One Rank One pension?
What about OROP News?
How is OROP pension calculated? The copy of the OM is reporduced here :-
No. 1(1)/2019/D(Pen/Pol) Government of India Ministry of Defence
Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare
Sena Bhawan, New Delhi,
Dated, the 4th January, 2023
The Chief of Defence Staff
The Chief of Army Staff
The Chief of Naval Staff
The Chief of Air Staff
Subject: Next revision of pension of Defence Forces Personnel/ family pensioner under One Rank One Pension (OROP).
The undersigned is directed to refer to the provisions contained in para 3(v) of this Ministry’s letter No. 12(1)/2014/D(Pen/Pol)-Part-II dated 7.11.2015 regarding re- fixation of pension of Defence Forces Personnel under OROP in future every 5 yea4s.
2.1 The President is pleased to decide that next revision of pension under OROP Scheme would be effective from 1.7.2019. Revision of pension is based on the principles adopted in MoD letter dated 07.11.2015 which are as under:
2.2 Pension of the past pensioners would be re-fixed on the basis of pension of Defence Forces retirees of calendar year 2018 and the benefit will be effective from 01.07.2019. Pension will be re-fixed for eligible Defence Forces pensioners/family pensioners on the basis of the average of minimum and maximum pension of Defence Forces Personnel retired in calendar year 2018 in the same rank and with the same length of service.
2.3 Pension for those drawing above the average shall be protected.
2.4 The benefit would also be extended to family pensioners including war widows and disabled pensioners.
2.5 Arrears will be paid in four half yearly installments. However, all the family pensioners including those in receipt of Special/ Liberalized Family Pension and Gallantry Award Winners shall be paid arrears in one installment.
2.6 Personnel who opt to get discharged w.e.f. 01.07.2014 (on or after 01.07.2014) on their own request under Rule 13(3)I(i)(b), 13(3)Il(i)(b), 13(3)III(iv) or Rule 16B of the Army Rule 1954 or equivalent Navy or Air Force Rules will not be entitled to the benefits of OROP.
3. Detailed instructions along with tables for revision of pension for each rank and each category under OROP Scheme, shall be issued separately.
4. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Division of this Ministry vide their ID Note No. 10(01)/2019/Fin/Pen dated 30.12.2022.
5. Hindi version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
As per Standard distribution list.
CGDA, New Delhi
You may read the original PDF copy of this OM here : https://www.desw.gov.in/sites/default/files/WE%2004.01.2023.pdf
It is expected that the OROP Rank and Service length wise table will be published soon by PCDA and thereafter revision of pension will be started. As it has been experienced earlier, it will take not less than 3 months time, so we may expect the first arrears by April 2023.
- 8th CPC News
- Defence News
- Dependent of ESM
- Disability Pension
- ECHS update
- Fauji Story
- Govt Service Rules
- health guide
- Jobs for ESM
- OROP Latest News
- OROP revision
- Pay Fixation of Reemployed ESM
- Service Pension
- Welfare of ESM
- Welfare of serving personnel
- Joining offer for Women upto 35 Years of Age as SSC Officer in MNS CadreNursing profession is one of the best known for social status, earning and service to mankind. …
- CSD Car Purcahse Quota Increased : More Car for JCOs ORRemoval of Disparity in CSD Car Purchase Defence serving personnel, officers and Exservicemen of all ranks …
- Confirm Now Your Life Certificate Accepted by SPARSH or NotMost of the veterans have already submitted their Life certificate in bank mentioning SPARSH PPO number …
- Must Follow for Exservicemen at age group 40 to 50Are you in the age group of 40 to 50 ? If yes , the you …
- Age Relaxation Rules Updates for Ex Servicemen in Govt JobsFor appointment to vacancies in Group B (Non-Gazetted), Group C or Group D posts in Central …
- Ex-Serviceman is now Ex-Service Member : Ordered High CourtThe term Ex-serviceman is not gender-neutral : Ordered High Court Recently,The Punjab and Haryana HC has …
- Pay Fixation of Reemployed Ex-servicemen : Updates on Revised OrdersAfter joining govt employment in ministries/department under any state/central/local/PSU body, the soldiers belongs to Commissioned officers …
- Letter from ECHS : All Medicines will now be AvailableIt is a common complaint usually received in all ECHS polyclinics that there are extreame shortage …
- For Exserviceman – Jobs in Airport Kolkata & Other Dept1. JOB OPPORTUNITY FOR ESM IN AIRPORT ESM are dedicated, loyal and disciplined and this quality …
- Govt Jobs Vacancy for ESM & Dependents : Apply NowJob vacancies for retired JCOs/OR and their Dependents. The information related to Govt / corporate job …
- Ways to Confirm Your Life Certificate Accepted by SPARSH or NotHave you received any SMS or email from SPARSH regarding Life Certificate acceptance Confirmation after your …
- More than 300 Days Leave Encashment Allowed by P&H High Court : Ex-servicemen will be benefitedIn an important judgment, the Punjab and Haryana High Court has clearly passed the order that …
- Entitlement List of Two Wheeler Car TV AC AFD Items from CSD for all RanksWith socio economic development, the entitlement of purchase of Car, Bike, TV AC Fridge etc from …
- Application Process for Exservicemen Daughter’s Marriage Grant – Latest Guidelines 2023What is Daughter’s Marriage Grant ? This scheme provides financial assistance to Pensioner/Non-Pensioner Ex-Servicemen (ESM) up …
- Special I Card for these Veterans : Apply NowSpecial I card is issued to the Retired Soldiers and Officers those who have distinguished service …
- Renew Your CSD Smart Card -Application Form Download PdfOnline CSD Smart Card Preparation and application has been paused and now you can apply only …
- Exserviceman Status to SSC Officers AlsoIt was general concept that in the event of receipt of any kind of pension, the …
- Types of Disability Categorisation of Defence Personnel and Applicability of Pensionary BenefitsPension Regulation for the Army 2008 Part -I Regs -82 is ll about the type …
- Separate Pension for Pre and Post 2016 Pensioners : Clarification DOPT on X Gp PayMinistry of DefenceDepartment of Ex-Servicemen WelfareD(Pension/Policy) Room No. 220A, B-Wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi-110011. Subject: Separate …
- Ex-servicemen May Apply Now for these Govt Vacancies in Nov 2023Ex-servicemen has golden opportunity to join the Govt organisation in various prestigious posts. The job notification …
- Age Relaxation for Exservicemen by UPSC- IAS IPS etc postscIn general the soldiers are retire at early age and their average age limit for retirement …
- Ex-servicemen may Purchase Liquor and Grocery from any CSD ?This question very often comes to our mind when we are in other military station. It …
- 10 Years of Technical Experience Accepted as B Tech for Govt JobExperience of Armed Forces personnel is generally ignored by the Civil Organisation as they do not …