Exservicemen are eagerly waiting for notification to be released by Ministry of Defencce regarding implementation of OROP Revision -2 which is due since 2019. The Apex Court has ordered to implement and pay arrears due from 01 July 2019 and the cutoff date to implement the orders of the SC is 15th September 2022. As till date the defence pension authority has not published any notification in this regard, the Exservicemen are disppointed with the act of the pension disbursing authority. This the letter published by Gen S Singh in his Twitter account which is reproduced below.
For the Personal Attention of Hon’ble Raksha Mantri
Dated: 12 Sep 2022
Sh. Rajnath Singh
Hon’ble Raksha Mantri
I04. South Block, New Delhi-110011
NON IMPLEMENTATION OF HON’BLE SUPREME COURT (H.SC)
JUDGEMENT DATED 16 ,MAR 2022 REGARDING PAYMENT OF
ONE RANK ONE PENSION (OROP) ARREARS
W.E.F 01 JUL 2019 TO TILL DATE
Hon’ble Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh Ji.
- Please refer to Hon’ble Supreme Court (HSC) Judgment dated 16 Mar 2022.
- OROP Arrears were to be paid to Ex-servicemen Pensioners and their dependents w.e.f 01 Jul 2019 till date and implementation of OROP as per Govt of India Min of Def letter dated 07 Nov 2015. The same has not been carried out till date.
- It is brought to your Notice, that PCDA (P) would have already carried out all calculations and details to implement OROP Policy as per 07 Nov 2015 letter, prior to 01 Jul 2019. It would have been possible to implement Hon’ble Supreme Court Judgement with the availability of the latest IT advancement facility. On 15 Sep 2022, six months would have passed but the arrears have still not been paid to Ex-servicemen pensioners.
4. You are also aware that many super senior Ex-servicemen would have passed away waiting for the entitled arrears.
5. May we request you to kindly issue instructions for the payment of arrears at the earliest and equalized pension alongwith 8 percent interest from 16 Jun 2022 (Delayed period) onwards till date grant due justice to the exsoldiers and their dependents.
Maj Gen Satbir Singh, SM (Retd)
Advisor United Front of Ex Servicemen &
Chairman Indian Ex-Servicemen Movement (IESM) Mobile: 9312404269, 0124-4110570 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Copy to :-
General Manoj PandeyPVSM, AVSM, VSM,ADC
Chief of the Army Staff
Integrated HQs of Ministry of Defence
(Army) South Block, New Delhi-110011
Air Chief Marshal VR Chaudhari PVSM, AVSM, VM, ADC
Chief of the Air Staff Integrated HOs of Ministry of Defence
(Air Force) Vayu Bhawan, New Delhi 110011
Admiral R Hari Kumar, PVSM, AVSM, VSM, ADC,
Chief of the Naval Staff & Integrated HQs of Ministry of Defence
(Navy) South Block, New Delhi -110011
— May we request you to jointly take-up the issue of payment of arrears to Ex-servicemen pensioners and their dependents as per Hon’ble Supreme Court judgement quote above?
- 8th CPC News
- Defence News
- Dependent of ESM
- Disability Pension
- ECHS update
- Fauji Story
- Govt Service Rules
- health guide
- Jobs for ESM
- OROP Latest News
- OROP revision
- Pay Fixation of Reemployed ESM
- Service Pension
- Welfare of ESM
- Welfare of serving personnel