Canteen Stores Department has initiated several reforms to provide the best services to the CSD beneficiaries
Here are the list of some Veteran Friendly Initiatives published by the CSD Directorate recently
Purchase of Grocery & Liquor from Any URC.
CSD beneficiaries are now allowed to purchase both grocery & liquor from any URC.
Two Months Quota.
All CSD beneficiaries can buy two months quota of grocery & liquor in one month.
Annual Renewal of CSD Smart Cards.
Annual renewal of CSD Smart Cards for ESM, Defence Civilians & dependents has been discontinued.
Simplification of Card Application Procedure.
Application for CSD Smart Card to be ‘Self Certified’ & countersigned by Canteen Offr itself. Only a copy of PPO/ Discharge Book is required to be attached.
Gratis CSD Smart Cards for War Widows & NoK of BC.
Purchase of AFD Items.
- Online AFD Portal.
An online Portal (https://afd.csdindia.qov.in) has been launched through which CSD beneficiaries can purchase AFD-I items in lesser time through a completely online, convenient & transparent process. Beneficiaries should avoid going to any middlemen/ touts asking for money for registration and demand creation on the Portal.
- Purchase of Four Wheelers.
Limits on purchase of four wheelers through CSD have been enhanced. Offrs can now purchase cars costing upto 20 lakh, JCOs upto 10 lakh & OR upto 8 lakh. Additional 5 lakh limit for purchase of EVs.
- Periodicity — AFD I (Less Four Wheelers).
Wef 01 Sep 2023 CSD beneficiaries can buy 02 TVs and 04 ACs in block period of 04 years, instead of one in four years.
- Purchase of AFD-II Items.
AFD-II items can now be bought from liquor & dependent cards also.
CSD Smart Cards Related Initiatives.
- Online Portal for CSD Smart Cards.
Existing CSD Smart Card https://faujinews.com/category/csd-updated-news/holders can now apply for new cards online and get cards delivered by courier at their home address within 7-15 days through this Portal (https://csdsmartcard.co.in).
- Activation of CSD Smart Cards.
CSD Cards can now be activated from any Canteen instead of dependent/ parent Canteen.
- Offr Cadets at Training Academies permitted ‘Personalised CSD Smart Card’ for purchase of grocery @ 5,0001- pm & AFD-II @ 20,000/- per yr.
- Agniveers & students of Sainik/ Military Schools/ RIMC are permitted to purchase grocery @ 3,500/- pm through Steel Cards.
- Newly Commissioned Offrs & Agniveers are issued grocery & liquor cards at respective Training Academies & Centres on completion of training.
- Provisional Demand (PD) System,. PD system introduced to ensure URCs & beneficiaries get what is desired by them. Provision provided in CIMS Software to prepare a draft PD.
- Annual Turnover Limit (ATOL). ATOL of URCs has been increased to 75%. This ensures adequate stocks are available in URCs.
(c) Indents of URCs to be countersigned by CO/OC Unit instead of Bde/ Stn Cdr
You may read the original letter issued by CSD Dte here :-