Hello Veteran Friends ! Its time to get prepared for submission of Life Certificate. But you don’t need to be worried. Process of Life Certificate Submission is now more easier than previous years. You have option to submit your life certificate in any mode of transactions. Even though you can submit your life certificate just sitting at home without using internet.
In todays article you will know about the Govt Guidelines for submission of life certificate for the year 2022. Just have a look on the Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare O.M. dated 30.09.2022
The main text of the OM issued by DOP&PW is reproduced here. You may read the pdf copy of the original letter as per link given at the bottom of this article :
Subject: Submission of Annual Life Certificate
Every Central Government pensioner has to submitAnnual Life Certificatein the month of November for further continuation of pension. It has been observed that a large number of Central Government pensioners physically visit bank branches for this purpose.
2. As a measure to enable an additional exclusive window to very senior pensioners, this Department, vide its OM No. 1/20/2018-P&PW(E) dated 18.07.2019, has allowed the pensioners in the age group of 80 years and above, to submit Annual Life Certificate from 1st October onwards, instead of 1st November onwards, every year.
3. The different modes available to a pensioner for submission of Annual Life Certificate are once again summarized for Pensioners’ awareness. An Annual Life Certificate can be submitted manually or digitally as per convenience of the pensioner by following modes: –
- Life certificate can be recorded by Pension Disbursing Authorities (PDAs), if the pensioner physically appears before the PDA.
- Personal appearance of a pensioner will not be required, if the pensioner submits the life certificate form signed by any ‘designated official’. In accordance with para 14.3 of the Scheme Booklet issued by CPAO, a pensioner who produces a life certificate in the prescribed form, signed by persons specified, is exempted from personal appearance. A list of designated officials specified for signing the Life Certificate as per the scheme booklet of CPAO is attached asAnnexure-I.
- Pensioners can submit Life Certificate online throughJeevan Pramaan Portal. The process of submission of Digital Life Certificate through “Jeevan Pramaan” may be seen at https://youtu.be/nNMIkTYqTF8. UIDAI has provided details of all biometric devices which are permissible for capturing biometrics of a person. Pensioners may visit the site www.uidal.gov.in to get information of all such devices.
- India Post Payments Bank (IPPB)of Department of Posts along with Meity have successfully launched the initiative of the Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare: “Doorstep Service for submission of Digital Life Certificate through Postman” in November 2020. IPPB is utilizing its national network of more than 1,36,000 access points in Post Offices and more than 1,89,000 Postmen & Gramin Dak Sevaks with smart phones and biometric devices to provide Doorstep Banking Services for generation of Digital Life Certificates. For leveraging this facility through a mobile phone, a pensioner has to download “Postinfo APP” from Google Play store. The process of submission of Digital Life Certificate through Postmen/Gramin Dak Sevaks may be seen at https://youtu.be/cERWM_U7g54.
- Doorstep Bankingis also available through theAlliance comprising 12 Public Sector Banks which do “Doorstep Banking”for its customers in 100 major cities of the country under Ease of Banking reforms. PSB Alliance has introduced the service for collection of Life Certificates under the umbrella of Doorstep Banking. DSB Agent shall visit the doorstep of Pensioner to render the service. Service can be booked by the pensioner through any of the 3 channels 1.e. Mobile App, Website or Toll – Free Number.
- Mobile App i.e“Doorstep Banking (DSB)”can be downloaded from Google Playstore.
- Pensioners can access through Web Browser ie https://doorstepbanks.com/&https://dsb.imfast.co.in/doorstep/login
- Through Toll free Number:- 18001213721,18001037188.
- Pensioners can also submit Life Certificates using the Face Authentication technology system bascd on UIDAI Aadhaar software whereby it is possible to generate a Digital Life Certificate from any Android based smart phone by capturing the live photograph of the pensioner for online submission on the Jeevan Pramaan mobile application. The process flow for generating DLCs through Face Authentication is available on DoPPW’’s Pensioners’ Portal > Jeevan Pramaan > Process flow of face authentication technique for DLC generation.
4. All Pension Disbursing Authorities have been are requested to take note of this OM for compliance and give wide publicity of the same amongst pensioners.
5. The DOP&PW has issued this OM with the approval of the competent authority.
You may read the original pdf copy of this notification issued by DOP&PW, Govt of India : Link – https://doppw.gov.in/sites/default/files/1_8_2021_PPW_H_7468_30092022_Eng.pdf
FOR MORE UPDATES ON VARIOUS TOPICS RELATED TO PENSIONERS / VETERANS CLICK THE CATEGORIES BELOW :
- 8th CPC News
- Defence News
- Dependent of ESM
- Disability Pension
- ECHS update
- Fauji Story
- Govt Service Rules
- health guide
- Jobs for ESM
- OROP Latest News
- OROP revision
- Pay Fixation of Reemployed ESM
- Service Pension
- Welfare of ESM
- Welfare of serving personnel