There are huge confusion in the matters related tto age relaxation on reemployent of exservicemen. Govt has issued modified orders in this regard from time to time. Such animportant order which says that an Exserviceman may get age relatxation for Gp A and B officers Cadre. Such age relaxation is applicable in diffferrent kind of direct recruitment which has been described in this Govt Orders.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
North Block, New Delhi. Dated 8th April, 2013
Subject : Recruitment on all India basis by open competition and otherwise than by open competition — Clarification regarding.
The undersigned is directed to say that the Ex-servicemen (Reemployment in Central Civil Services and Posts) Amendment Rules, 2012, interalia provides as follows:-
” 5 (b) For appointment to any vacancy in Group A and Group B services or posts filled by direct recruitment otherwise than on the results of an Open All India Competitive Examination, the upper age limit shall be relaxed by the length of military service increased by three years in the case of ex-servicemen and commissioned officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers or Short Service Commissioned Officers.
(c) For appointment to any vacancy in Group A and Group B service or posts filled by direct recruitment on the results of an All India Competitive Examination, the ex-servicemen and Commissioned Officers who have rendered at least five years military services and have been released:-
- on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency; or
- on account of physically disability attributable to military service or on invalidment, shall be allowed maximum relaxation of five years in the upper age limit.”
This Department has been receiving representations and RTI applications to clarify the meaning of the phrases “recruitment otherwise than on the results of an Open All India Competitive Examination” and “posts filled by direct recruitment on the results of an All India Competitive Examination” mentioned in the above paragraph.
It is hereby clarified that instructions on the subject already exist that the expression ‘direct recruitment on the results of an All India Competitive Examination’ means (i) all recruitment by UPSC whether through written examination or by interview or both and; (ii) recruitment made by other authorities including Staff Selection Commission or any other appointment authority through written competitive examination or tests (but not by interview only). The expression `direct recruitment otherwise than by open competition means’ (i) any recruitment not made by the UPSC or (ii) recruitment not made through written competitive tests held by any other authority.
All the Ministries/Departments are requested to bring it to the notice of all
establishments under their control
(Sharad Kumar Srivastava)
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Telefax 2309 2110
- All Ministries/Departments of the Govt. of India.
- Railway Board.
- Union Public Service Commission/Supreme Court of India/Election Commission/Lok Sabha Secretariat/Rajya Sabha Secretariat/Cabinet Secretariat/Central. Vigilance Commission/President’s Secretariat/Prime Minister’s Office/Planning Commission.
- Staff Selection Commission, CGO. Complex, Lodi Road, New Delhi.
- Office of the Comptroller & Auditor General of India, 10, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi.
- All Officers and Sections in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions and all attached/subordinate offices of this Ministry.
- Information and Facilitation Centre, DoPT, North Block, New Delhi.
- NIC-DoPT, North Block, New Delhi (with the request to upload the O.M. on the official website of this Ministry i.e. www.persmin.nic.in
Establishment (Reservation) Ex-servicemen).