Defence pensioners may get a Free Insurance cover which is named as PAI by SBI that covers the accidental death. The insured amount is for Rs 30 Lakh on account of this PAI cover. Details of the Insurance is given below. You need not to pay a single rupee for this benefit.
Personal Accidents Insurance (PAI)- STATE BANK OF INDIA
The PAI (Death) Cover will be available in case of death resulting solely and directly from
accident caused by external, violent and visible means including death in a terrorist/naxalite action. The benefit of PAI will be available to the claimant only if the account is opened/converted into Salary Package Account and at least 2 months salary has been credited into acct .
Intimation of claims will be done through email/Fax/letter within 90 days of the death and supportive document to be submitted by claimant/branch within 180 days. The beneficiary on death of Primary Salary Account holder will be the nominee registered
with bank. In case of the joint account holder, beneficiary will be the surviving joint account holder.
It has been found that Exservicemen , after retirement, do not inform / request the Branch manager to convert your DSP salary account to DSP Pension Account. All ESM Pensioners must convert your DSP Salary account to DSP Pension Account immediately.
Intimation of incident be given within 90 days through any of the following channels :-
(a) Toll Free No – 1800 103 5499
(b) Fax No- 022-29203580
(c) Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
(d) Communication for Correspondence regarding claims :-
IFFCO TOKIO General Insurance Company Limited
AFL House, 2nd Floor, Lok Bharti Complex
Marol Maroshi Road, Andheri (E)
Mumbai – 400 059
Documents required for 30 Lakh Insurance Benefit
The following details are to be provided to the Toll Free Number :-
(a) Name of deceased of Salary Package Account Holder
(b) SBI Salary Package Account No
(c) Date of Accident
(d) Date of Death
(e) Place of Accident
(f) Details of Accident
(g) Name of the claimant, their Mobile No and email ID
(h) Name of SBI Branch and their Code No
(j) Name of the Organization
(k) Personal/Force number
Immediately on registering the claim as mentioned above, a system generated reference
number will be given to the claimants. The claimants shall submit following claim documents within 90 days after intimation of death:-
(a) Completely filled in Claim Form duly signed by claimant.
(b) Attested copy of Post Mortem Report.
(c) Attested copy of Death Cert.
(d) Bank Branch Manager Cert on Bank Letterhead.
(e) PAN card copy of Claimant.
(f) Original Cancelled Cheque of Bank Acct in Name of Claimant.
(g) NEFT form of claimant, certified by claimant’s Bank.
(h) Other suitable document to prove legal heirship in case of claimant is not a
nominee/jt account holder as per Bank record.
Contact Details of Defence Banking Advisor
|Defence Banking Advisors|
|Location||Area of Operation||Name||Contact No.||E-Mail Address|
|1||New Delhi||DBA (Army) – PAN India||Lt Gen Vinod Vashisht, AVSM, VSM & Bar (Retd)||email@example.com|
|2||New Delhi||DBA (Navy) – PAN India||Rear Admiral Rajesh Singh (Retd)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||New Delhi||DBA (Air Force) – PAN India||Air Vice Marshal Atul Kumar Singh, AVSM, VSM (Retd)||email@example.com|
|4||New Delhi||Advisor (Central Armed Police Force) – PAN India||Shri Arun Kumar, IPS (Retd)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Circle Defence Banking Advisors|
|#||Location||Area of Operation||Name||Contact No.||E-Mail Address|
|1||Kolkata||West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, Sikkim, Andaman & Nicobar Islands||Maj Gen Ananta Bhuyan, SM (Retd)||email@example.com|
|2||Lucknow||Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh||Maj Gen Rajiv Srivastava (Retd)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Pune||Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa||Maj Gen Arup Kumar Sasmal, AVSM (Retd)||email@example.com|
|4||Chandigarh||Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Ladakh, Chandigarh||Maj Gen Rajiv Mishra, VSM (Retdfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|5||Guwahati||North Eastern States||Maj Gen Dinesh Sharma, AVSM, VSM (Retd)||email@example.com|
|6||Bangalore||Karnataka, Kerala, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu||Maj Gen Ramchandra Nagraj, AVSM, VSM (Retd)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|7||Hyderabad||Telengana, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu||Maj Gen Rajesh Chopra, AVSM (Retd)||email@example.com|
- Zero balance account and free unlimited number of transactions across ATMs of any Bank in India.
- Complimentary Personal Accidental Insurance (Death) cover of Rs. 30 Lakhs to all ranks
- 100% waiver of processing fee on Car Loans.
- Up to 25% off on annual locker rent.
- Auto-Sweep facility (optional) to create e-MODs (Multi Option Deposits) and earn higher interest.
- Demat & Online Trading A/c facility available.
- Free issuance of Drafts, Multi City Cheques, SMS Alerts. NEFT/RTGS.
Detailed study of DSP Benefit
Defence personnel of the Indian Army, Indian Navy, Indian Air Force, Assam Rifles, Rashtriya Rifles (RR) and GREF [Border Road Organisation (BRO)] can avail Salary Accounts under Defence Salary Package (DSP). Retired Personnel can also open / convert their accounts in DSP – Pension.
Available in three variants, namely Gold, Diamond and Platinum based on rank of personnel of the Indian Army, Indian Navy, Indian Air Force, Assam Rifles, RR and GREF (Border Road Organisation). Personnel Below Officer Rank (PBOR) are categorised under Gold Variant; Officers are categorised under Diamond and Platinum variants.
- GOLD : JCOs & other Ranks
- DIAMOND : Lieutenant, Captain, Major
- PLATINUM: Lt. Colonel, Colonel, Brigadier, Major General, Lt. General, General
- GOLD : Sea II, Sea I, Leading Seaman, Petty Officer, Chief Petty Officer, Master Chief Petty Officer-II and Master Chief Petty Officer-I
- DIAMOND: Sub Lieutenant, Lieutenant and Lieutenant Commander
- PLATINUM: Commander, Captain, Commodore, Rear Admiral, Vice Admiral and Admiral
*DSP Accounts of Sailors joining Navy before they attain majority, will be opened without Insurance and Overdraft facility
- GOLD : Personnel Below Officer Rank
- DIAMOND: Flying Officer, Flight Lieutenant, Squadron Leader
- PLATINUM : Wing Commander, Group Captain, Air Commodore, Air Vice Marshal, Air Marshal, Air Chief Marshal
DSP-General Reserve Engineering Force (GREF)/Border Road Organisation (BRO)
- GOLD: Personnel Below Officer Rank
- DIAMOND : Asst. Engineer/ Asst. Administrative Officer, Asst. Executive Engineer/ Administrative Officer/ Medical Officer II, Executive Engineer/Senior Administrative Officer/ Medical Officer
- PLATINUM: Superintendent Engineer/ Joint Director (Administration), Superintendent Engineer (Selection Grade)/ Director (Administration), Chief Engineer, Additional Director General, Director General
- GOLD : Bugler, Rifleman and Mule Driver, Lance Naik, Nalband, Havaldar, Warrant Officer, Havaldar Major, Naib Subedar, Subedar, Subedar Major
- DIAMOND: Deputy Commandant, Assistant Commandant (equivalent to Lt and Capt in Indian Army)
- PLATINUM: Commandant, Second-In-Command (equivalent to Major, Lt Col and Col in Indian Army) and Personnel at this level are being deputed from Indian Army and DSP Army would be offered to them
- Personnel in Rashtriya Rifles are on deputation from Indian Army and hence covered under DSP Army. Accounts are classified as per Ranks in Indian Army.
DSP – Agniveer
- Personnel recruited in Indian Army, Indian Airforce and Indian Navy with Distinctive Benefits under “Agnipath” Scheme of Government of India.