As per the Govt of India, Ministry of Defence letter No. 2(2)/2012/D (Pen/Pol) dated 14th Dec., 2012, unmarried/ widowed/ divorced daughter shall be eligible for family pension beyond 25 years of age subject to fulfillment of other prescribed conditions mentioned in the letter.
What is the Criteria for Family Pension to unmarried, widowed and divorced daughters above the age of 25 years
The family pension to unmarried, widowed and divorced daughters above the age of 25 years may be granted as per Govt orders if all other eligible children below the age of 25 years have ceased their entitlement to receive family pension and there is no disabled child to receive the family pension. Family pension shall be payable to unmarried/ widowed/ divorced daughter in order of their date of birth and younger of them shall not be eligible unless the next above has become ineligible for grant of family pension.
Pension Regulation and latest Circular for Family Pension to unmarried, widowed and divorced daughters above the age of 25 years
Para-230(c), 239 and 240 of Pension Regulation for the Army Part –I and similar provisions in pension Regulation of the Navy and Air-Force has been modified to this extent. Now, a child in receipt of a children allowance shall be eligible for continuance of a special family pension in terms of GOI, MOD letter dated 14th Dec., 2012. All unmarried/ widowed/ divorced daughters, who were earlier sanctioned or otherwise eligible for Children Allowance, shall also be sanctioned Special/ Liberalised Family Pension subject to other conditions being fulfilled. The Children Allowance, if being paid, shall be discontinued from the date Special/ Liberalised Family Pension is sanctioned under these orders.
Effective date for grant of family pension to unmarried, widowed and divorced daughters above the age of 25 years
The provision of this circular shall be effective from 06.09.2007 i.e. the date from which Ordinary Family Pension was allowed to Unmarried daughter by Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare.
How to Apply for family pension to unmarried, widowed and divorced daughters above the age of 25 years
The eligible candidates may apply along with the prescribed documents through Zila Sainik Board to the Record Office Concerned. Kindly go through the list of documents mentioned below for details. Authentication of Zila Sainik Board or Rajya Sainik Board is necessary for this purpose.
Documents Required For Grant of Family Pension To Unmarried Daughter
Following documents are compulsory for application for family pension to unmarried, widowed and divorced daughters above the age of 25 years:
1. MPB-501 – Application for Pension
2. MPC – 60
3. Income Certificate issued by the Revenue Authority
4. Details of Children of Late Officer/JCOs/OR
5. No Objection Certificate from the other children of Officer/JCOs/OR
6. One Affidavit duly signed by Applicant
7. Un Employment and Unmarried Certificate duly signed by Municipal/Panchayat/Revenue Auth duly countersigned by RSB/KSB
8. Certified true Copy of Death Certificate of both Parents issued by Registrar of Birth and Death.
9. Cancelled Cheque of applicant showing bank details
10. Copy of PPO vide which your parents were drawingpension
11. Last Pension Payment Certificate issued by PDA
12. Copy of Aadhar and Pan Card of Applicant
13. 03 Recent Passport size photographs
14. Photocopy of ECHS/Canteen/Dependent Card of applicant.
15. Copy of Birth Certificate/Matriculation cert of Applicant
16. E mail address and Contact No of Applicant
To know about eligibility for grant of family pension to unmarried and widow daughters of Exservicemen, kindly click here
All the forms mentioned in the list are available in the link given below. Get a printout of the all forms and carefully fill-up in capital letter duly authenticated by ZSB.