Armed Forces Veterans Day is observed every year on 14 January as a mark of respect and recognition to the services rendered by Field Marshal KM Cariappa, the first Indian Chief of the Indian Army. He retired from service on 14 January 1953. The 8th Armed Forces Veterans Day will be celebrated on 14 January 2024 throughout the Country.
In this auspicious occasion, Defence Minister (Raksha Mantri) has approached Civil Aviation Minister to adopt the following measures by the Aviation Ministry:-
- Announcements at the airports and in flights may be made to commemorate Veterans Day on 14th January 2024.
- All airport authorities may screen “We far Veterans” – Anthem video on their public information channels.
- Airport authorities and airlines may be requested for providing due courtesies to veterans.
Veterans’ Day is celebrated in recognition of the services rendered by the First Commander-in-Chief of Indian Armed Forces, Field Marshal KM Cariappa, OBE who retired on this day in 1953. In 2023 during observing 7th veterans day, “Wreath Laying Ceremonies and Veterans’ Meets” were organised all across the country at multiple locations: Dehradun, Delhi, Jalandhar Chandigarh, Jhunjunu, Panagarh, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata to reinforce the commitment and solidarity towards the Nexts of Kin (NoK) of our bravehearts and towards our veterans as a mark of respect for their selfless service and sacrifices towards the Nation.
Honourable Raksha Mantri, Shri Rajnath Singh along with Chief of Defence Staff, General Anil Chauhan, attended the Veterans’ Meet at Dehradun. Honourable Rajya Rakha Mantri attended the event at Chennai. The event at Delhi was held at Manekshaw Centre, Delhi Cantt which was attended by the three Service Chiefs, CISC and Secretary Ex-Serviceman Welfare (ESW) along with other senior officers of the Armed Forces. Nexts of Kin, Veterans and representatives of various ex-servicemen organisations also graced the occasion.
Speaking on the occasion, the three Service Chiefs highlighted the important welfare measures undertaken by various welfare departments under the veterans vertical of Indian Armed Forces. The Service Chiefs highlighted the recognition of the selfless service rendered by the veterans in Nation Building. The “We for Veterans’” anthem was played at all public places as an ode to our veterans. The celebrations also witnessed the release of SAMMAAN magazine, a yearly journal published by Directorate of Indian Army Veterans (DIAV) covering informative articles and various topics of interest to the veteran community. The Indian Air Force also released the VAYU SEMVEDNA magazine on the occasion.
The Armed Forces Veterans’ Day is being commemorated since 14 Jan 2017 to reaffirm the camaraderie between the retired, the serving and the nation on this day takes a moment to reflect, remember & honour the heroes who made the supreme sacrifice and selflessly served the nation. This year also on 14th January 2024, the Armed Forces Veterans day will be observed throughout the Country.
- How to Update PAN and Email ID on SPARSH Portal Once you have received your SPARSH user ID and Password… Read more: How to Update PAN and Email ID on SPARSH Portal
- DA Crossed 50% in January and Now DA for July 24 based on AICPN is more PositiveAs you all know, inflation has already exceeded 50% since… Read more: DA Crossed 50% in January and Now DA for July 24 based on AICPN is more Positive
- Ex-servicemen may Get Refund of Lakhs of Rupees : Eligible Pensioners Apply NowThere is great news for Ex-servicemen. Many pensioners have noticed… Read more: Ex-servicemen may Get Refund of Lakhs of Rupees : Eligible Pensioners Apply Now
- Ex-servicemen and Soldiers Honoured : Salute to these Private OrganisationsExservicemen and soldiers feel honoured as they have been respected… Read more: Ex-servicemen and Soldiers Honoured : Salute to these Private Organisations
- Reality of Modernisation projects of Indian ArmyIn a discussion about the introduction of Agniveer, Colonel Shailendra… Read more: Reality of Modernisation projects of Indian Army
- On SPARSH Portal must Upload Income Tax Declaration : Follow this ProcessAfter OROP 2 and 7th CPC revision, pension of the… Read more: On SPARSH Portal must Upload Income Tax Declaration : Follow this Process