For immediate Grant of family pension of wife of ex-serviceman after his death, the following documents must contain wife’s name and date of birth correct, complete (in DDMMYYYY format) and matching:-
(a) JN-PPO: PPO of ex-serviceman should have correct name and date of birth of wife. That is, there should be Jointly Notified PPO or JN-PPO.
(b) JOINT PENSION BANK ACCOUNT: The correct name and date of birth of the wife should be written in the pension account of the former soldier and the pension bank account should be a JOINT account with the wife.
(c) Wife’s Aadhaar Card: Wife’s name and DOB should be written correctly. DOB should be written in DDMMYYYY format. For example, 15/08/1969.
(d) Wife’s PAN Card: Wife’s name and DOB must be written correctly. DOB should be written in DDMMYYYY format.
For those who left service before 1986, the wife’s name is written only as a nominee in the pension book. As a result, after the death of the husband, his widow will not get family pension. For this, during the ex-serviceman’s lifetime, he has to apply to the record office through the serviceman’s board to get the wife’s name in the PPO and to get the JN-PPO bar. Detailed message (procedure and form) for this is given in this telegram channel on 30 July 2022.
If the correct name of the wife is written in the JN-PPO of the former soldier, and that name matches with the joint pension account, Aadhaar and PAN card of the wife, then the widow will get family pension from that JN-PPO for life. PPO is no longer issued or issued separately in the name of widow.
If wife’s name is wrong in JN-PPO, and that name does not match with wife’s Aadhaar card and PAN card, then, there are two options:-
(a) Option 1: Give the name in wife’s JN-PPO to wife’s Aadhaar and PAN card. And change your wife’s name in the bank with that Aadhaar and PAN card. As a result, JN-PPO, pension bank account, wife’s Aadhaar and PAN card will become same name and you will not have any difficulty in getting family pension.
(b) Second Option: If it is not possible to change wife’s name, Aadhaar card and PAN card, then wife’s name and Date Of Birth (DOB) in your service records should be corrected in JN-PPO. For this you need to take three steps:-
Step 3 : Apply to your record office through Barasat Sainik Board to change the correct name and date of birth of the wife in the records.
Step 3: When the part two order for correction of name and DOB comes from the records office, make an entry in your discharge book.
Step – 4: Apply again to the record office through Sainik Board. Record office will send your case PCDA to JN-PPO to change the correct name and date of birth of your wife and take out corrigendum PPO and send it to you.
Note-1: If Corrigendum JN-PPO with correct name and DOB of wife is received, there will be no difficulty in getting family pension of wife in future.
Note-2: PCDA is no longer issuing Corrigendum PPO for those whose pension, touch system is changing or will be soon. Changing Spouse Name and DOB directly in SPARSH’s PPO.
If the DOB of the wife is wrong in PPO. If the wife’s DOB is wrong in service records or PPO, then change the DOB in Aadhaar and PAN card, match, or apply to record office to get it changed. If wife’s DOB is not on records or only age or year is written in PPO, then apply for part two order by endorsing correct DOB on records. Once the correct DOB written part to order arrives, apply again to write the DOB in the PPO. Message about this has already been given.
Note: Remember, do correction of spouse name and DOB together. Send all the documents once to the record office through the Soldier Board, not separately.
If wife’s name is not in service records and PPO, then first, you have to apply to record office through Sainik Board for publication of marriage. When the marriage part to order arrives, an entry should be made in the discharge book. Then apply to PCDA through record office for issue of JN-PPO.
- How to Update PAN and Email ID on SPARSH Portal Once you have received your SPARSH user ID and Password… Read more: How to Update PAN and Email ID on SPARSH Portal
- DA Crossed 50% in January and Now DA for July 24 based on AICPN is more PositiveAs you all know, inflation has already exceeded 50% since… Read more: DA Crossed 50% in January and Now DA for July 24 based on AICPN is more Positive
- Ex-servicemen may Get Refund of Lakhs of Rupees : Eligible Pensioners Apply NowThere is great news for Ex-servicemen. Many pensioners have noticed… Read more: Ex-servicemen may Get Refund of Lakhs of Rupees : Eligible Pensioners Apply Now
- Ex-servicemen and Soldiers Honoured : Salute to these Private OrganisationsExservicemen and soldiers feel honoured as they have been respected… Read more: Ex-servicemen and Soldiers Honoured : Salute to these Private Organisations
- Reality of Modernisation projects of Indian ArmyIn a discussion about the introduction of Agniveer, Colonel Shailendra… Read more: Reality of Modernisation projects of Indian Army
- On SPARSH Portal must Upload Income Tax Declaration : Follow this ProcessAfter OROP 2 and 7th CPC revision, pension of the… Read more: On SPARSH Portal must Upload Income Tax Declaration : Follow this Process