Exserviceman identity card is issued after release from the defence organisation to the defence service personnel and officers. Recently Kendriya Sainik Boards, Ministry of Defence has issued some important instructions and clarification regarding the matter of Exserviceman identity cards.
According to the latest notification by ministry of Defence of September 2022 the provisions are reproduced below :-
1. References of earlier instructions on the matter.
2.. based on the inputs received from regional Sainik boards and Zila Sainik Boards , in context with the issue of ESM I- Cards all RSBs are requested to follow the following guidelines for strict Compliance.:-
- Retired Honorary commissioned officers (JCOs) are not to be issued defence officers identity card
- cadets are to be treated as ESM priority-I only for purpose of employment in Civil and not (repeat not) for providing ESM status / ESM I card.
- Short Service Commissioned Officers SSCO’s who have not completed initial terms of service are being considered for issue of ESM Officers I cards. All SSCOs who have completed initial terms of engagement with gratuity will be given ESM status/ issue of ESM I card wef 13th February 2020. However all such individuals who exited before 13 Feb 2020 will not be eligible for ESM benefit.
- DSC personnel are not included in the ESM definition vide dopt notification No. 39016/ 10/ 79/ Est (C) dated 15 December 1979.
3. The guidelines for grant of ESM status/ issue of ESM I cards are elaborated in chapter 1 para 28 to 35 of key KSB guide book 2022 and all director of RSBs and secretary ZSBs to refer to them whenever in doubt.
for more information on welfare related matter of veterans and serving soldiers kindly click below:-
- 8th CPC News
- Defence News
- Dependent of ESM
- Disability Pension
- ECHS update
- Fauji Story
- Govt Service Rules
- health guide
- Jobs for ESM
- OROP Latest News
- OROP revision
- Pay Fixation of Reemployed ESM
- Service Pension
- Welfare of ESM
- Welfare of serving personnel