Exserviceman How to Change Home address in Discharge Book  I Card and Service Record

How to Change Home address

After retirement, you may have requirement to change your place of residence permanently for domestic purpose. In such events, you must update your all Military and civil documents with new address. Specially you must transfer your Zila Sainik Board to the are under which you are presently residing. Thereafter all the documents i.e Exserviceman I card, Discharge Book and other documents to be updated.

Step-1: Visit to your present Zila Sainik Board and apply for No Objection Certificate (NOC) in single copy to change ZSB. Blank Sample application Form to apply for NOC is given below at the bottom.  You should write the name of Your ZSB Details.

Step-2: Attach at least two self attested Address Proofs of your New Address. Adhaar Card and any one/two of these documents (Voter I Card, Passport, Driving Licence, Electric Bill, Gas Bill, Bank Pass Book etc).   

Step-3: You have to deposit your Original Exserviceman ID Card/Widow I Card, Employment Exchange Card if held, Dependent ID Cards, if issued by ZSB. 

Note: In case any Card is lost, then give the original GD from a police station.  

Step-4: An entry will be made in your original Discharge Book (or in Service Particulars Certificate or in PPO) by the Secretary ZSB , to annotate that NOC has been issued and I Card is withdrawn by the ZSB.  

Step-5: Two copies of NOC will be issued to you in original, signed by the Secretary ZSB. 

(a) One copy of NOC will be handed over to the ESM/Widow, who is transferring to another District/State ZSB. 

(b) Another copy of NOC will be sent by post to the new ZSB/RSB, where the ESM or Widow is migrating. 

Step-6: Now Report to your new ZSB alongwith documents including NOC that received from your previous ZSB. 

Step-7:  Now you should  Apply for Change of Address. Fill up the Declaration Form in 5 copies. Attach two/three address proofs and a Discharge Book copy. 

Step-8: New ZSB will send your Address Change Declaration Forms along with other documents to Previous ZSB by post. 

Step-9: On receipt, your previous ZSB will verify and forward all documents to your Record Office. 

OROP with Merger of Fifty Percent DR for Defence Persons : Progress Report

Step-10: On receipt, your Record Office will publish Part-II Order for address change and forward a copy to your new ZSB and to you on your new address (ESM/Widow). 

Step-11: When you receive Part-II Order for address change, visit your new ZSB and get it endorsed in your Discharge Book.

Scroll to Top