The ESM community, who are expecting some drastic improvement in the services of ECHS, will be glad to know about this PIB release by Hon’ble Raksha Mantri (Defence Minister). Yes this is about the improvement in availability of NA medicine. Here is the original text of PIB Release.
Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh approves enhanced monetary limits for procurement of Drugs and consumables for Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme (ECHS)
Posted On: 30 JUN 2022 6:28 PM by PIB Delhi
Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh today approved the enhancement of the monetary ceiling for purchase of Not Available (NA), emergent, life savings and essential drugs by 100% in all categories of polyclinics from Authorised Local Chemists (ALC). This will ensure easy & timely availability of medicines for ECHS beneficiaries. (Type A & B from Rs 2.5 lakh to 5 Lakh, Type C from Rs 1.5 lakh to 3 Lakh, Type D from Rs 1 lakh to 2 Lakh).
There have been various representations from the veterans regarding supply of medicines. The Government has already undertaken a series of modifications to procedures of procurement of medicines for ECHS beneficiaries. In all stations with ECHS Polyclinics, local medical stores/chemists are empanelled for supply of Not Available (NA), emergent, life-saving and essential drugs on as required basis. The empanelled local medical stores/chemists are being done by a Board of Officers constituted by the Station Commander. Any expenditure above this limit will be approved by MD, ECHS. The CO, ECHS may re-appropriate the required funds from other ECHS Polyclinics, if required.
It may be seen that the Government on 25.03.2022 had already conveyed the sanction for reimbursement of cost of medicines and consumables, purchased from open market, not Available at ECHS Polyclinic/Authorized Local Chemist for a maximum period of 30 days from earlier 15 days at a time subject to the maximum value of medicines and consumables not exceeding Rs. 25,000/- each time under the general conditions and Rs. 75,000/- each time under the special conditions except in the case of Cancer Medicines where the maximum value of medicines and consumable would be Rs.5 lakhs each time from the earlier Rs.2 lakhs each time. This will be a big move towards making essential medicines available to the Veterans.
- DA Crossed 50% in January and Now DA for July 24 based on AICPN is more PositiveAs you all know, inflation has already exceeded 50% since January 2024. And now we have to look for the next DA calculation i.e… Read more: DA Crossed 50% in January and Now DA for July 24 based on AICPN is more Positive
- Ex-servicemen and Soldiers Honoured : Salute to these Private OrganisationsExservicemen and soldiers feel honoured as they have been respected by many govt and private organisations extending special opportunities and benefits/reservations. Today in this… Read more: Ex-servicemen and Soldiers Honoured : Salute to these Private Organisations
- Reality of Modernisation projects of Indian ArmyIn a discussion about the introduction of Agniveer, Colonel Shailendra Singh, Veteran Gunner and Colonel Anil Dhun, who is also a veteran of the… Read more: Reality of Modernisation projects of Indian Army
- LMC Persons Restriction of DutyIf a low medical category soldier has been posted in field, modified field, CI OPS or high altitude, then is he fit to serve… Read more: LMC Persons Restriction of Duty
- Defence Pensioners Received Msg from SPARSH and Pension Credited for Feb 24It is well known that most of the Defence pensioners are getting their pension through the SPARSH pension disbursal system directly from the Ministry… Read more: Defence Pensioners Received Msg from SPARSH and Pension Credited for Feb 24