Aginiveers are enrolled in the Indian Armed forces for a period of 4 years at initial level. Extension and continuation to permanent soldier post will be offered on the basis of selection criteria to only a certain % of them. Remaining will be discharged after 4 years.
Govt of India has secured jobs for Ex Agniveers in Gp A, B & C Posts in Indian Coast Guard. This reservation is over and above the reservation for Exserviceman. It is apparent to mention here that Exservicemen are allowed to join with reservation only in Gp C & D posts. No reservation is allowed in Gp B and Gp A Post.
So, it is clear that an Ex Agniveer will get an opportunity to become a Gazetted Class -I Officer with reservation but an Exserviceman is not allowed to get this. ESM may be selected for “Lipik” or “Chaprasi” post only. Exservicemen have no right to uplift themself. Even though no proper age relaxation is available for Gp A / B Gazetted posts for Exservicemen.
Govt has considered the Agniveer to give them reservation for Gp A and B Post, should consider the Exservicemen also for the same posts and proper reservation with age relaxation upto the number of years served with 3 years of weightage as applicable to them for Gp C & D posts.
The recent order of Govt of India may be followed to know the reality :
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Department of Defence
Dated March, 2023
Subject: Reservation/Relaxation in eligibility conditions, etc. for providing employment to Ex-Agniveers in Indian Coast Guard and all civilian posts/ services under the Ministry of Defence – reg.
Consequent to announcement of the Agnipath Scheme for recruitment of youth into the Armed Forces, the Government of India has offered a slew of support measures to accommodate Ex-Agniveers in various Government Departments after completion of their four years of engagement with the Armed Forces. In furtherance to above and with the approval of Hon’ble Raksha Mantri, it has been decided to provide reservation / relaxation etc. to Ex-Agniveers in Direct Recruitment in Indian Coast Guard and all civilian posts / services under the Ministry of Defence, including Defence PSUs, Autonomous Bodies, Institutions etc., as under —
(I) Provision of ten percent (10%) horizontal reservation in all Group ‘A’, ‘B’, `C’ and lower level posts (wherever available) in Direct Recruitment in Indian Coast Guard and all civilian posts / services under the Ministry of Defence, including Defence PSUs, Autonomous Bodies, Institutions etc. (except Scientific and Technical Posts which are exempted from reservation as per extant instructions of the Government). This ten percent (10%) reservation will be over and above the reservation applicable for Ex-servicemen.
- Three (03) years’ age relaxation in the prescribed upper age limit (as provided
in the relevant Recruitment Rules) for Ex-Agniveers in Direct Recruitment. Further, age relaxation of five (05) years beyond the prescribed upper age limit may be given to the candidates of the first batch of Agnipath Scheme.
- Exemption from physical efficiency test, wherever applicable.
2. To give effect to the above proposal, the matter has further been examined in consultation with various Organizations under the Ministry of Defence. It has been decided that there may not be any need to amend the existing Recruitment Rules where there are the provisions of the following “Saving Clause” –
“Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to he provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, the Other Backward Classes, the Ex-servicemen and other special categories of persons, in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.”
In case, there is no provision of “Saving Clause” in any of the Recruitment Rules, the concerned Organization shall immediately initiate the process for amendment/ revision of those Recruitment Rules accordingly.
- All other instructions of Department of Personnel & Training (DOP&T) on horizontal reservation in all civilian posts / services shall apply mutatis mutandis in respect of horizontal reservation for the employment of Ex-Agniveers in all the above posts under the Ministry of Defence.
- The above scheme of reservation will be effective in respect of all direct recruitment vacancies to be notified on or after issue of this Office Memorandum.
- This issues with the concurrence of Department of Personnel & Training and
in consultation with Union Public Service Commission and Ministry of Law & Justice.
Joint Secretary (Estt./Plg.Pal.)
Ministry of Defence
Read the original OM here : https://mod.gov.in/sites/default/files/wn17323.pdf
I. All Organisations/Defence PSUs/Autonomous Bodies/Institutions, etc. under Ministry of Defence
- All Administrative Sections of the cadres/services under Ministry of Defence.
- D (IT), Ministry of Defence for uploading it on this Ministry’s website and on e-Office.
Copy to: –
I. Department of Personnel & Training, North Block, New Delhi.
- Union Public Service Commission, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi.
- Department of Legal Affairs, Ministry of Law & Justice, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Department of Public Enterprises, Public Enterprises Bhawan, CGO Complex, New Delhi.