The organization named ECHS : Online facilities
Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme (ECHS) was launched on 01.04.2003. The Health Scheme aims to provide Allopathic and AYUSH medical facilities to Ex-servicemen pensioner and their dependents through a strong network of ECHS Polyclinics, Service medical facilities, Government hospitals, empanelled private hospitals/specified Govt. AYUSH hospitals spread across the country. The Scheme has been well structured on the lines of the premium health scheme of Govt of India, CGHS to ensure cashless transactions, for the patients. DESW, Min of Defence is responsible to look after thr Matters relating to Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme after its creation in September, 2004. Later on in 2009 ECHS has been designated as an attached office of Department of Ex-servicemen Welfare. The Central Organisation of ECHS is headed by a Managing Director, a serving Major General.
ECHS Polyclinics : Digital Forms
There are 427 Polyclinics in 28 Regional Centers sanctioned by the Government, ECHS Polyclinics are designed to provide OPD facilities which includes consultation, essential investigation and provision of medicines. Specialized consultations, investigations and ‘In Patient Care’ (Hospitalization) is provided through spare capacity available in Service hospitals / Government Hospitals / private hospitals empanelled with ECHS.
Some Advantages of Becoming an ECHS Member
1. No age or medical condition bar for becoming an ECHS member.
2. No monetary ceiling on treatment of ESM and their dependents.
3. Indoor/outdoor treatment, tests and medicines provided.
4. Life time contribution ranges from Rs 30,000/- to Rs 1,20,000/- (depending upon Rank/Pay Level)
5. Provision for re-imbursement at CGHS rates, in case of treatment under Emergency in a non-empanelled facility.
6. Familiar environment and sense of belongingness.
7. Can avail ECHS facilities throughout the country.
8. Treatment facility covers spouse and all eligible dependents.
Concept of ECHS Parent Polyclinic & Outstation members
From very beginning, ECHS members were allowed to avail entire medical facilities throughout the country at his designated parent polyclinic only. Outstation ECHS facilities was allowed only on production of Temporary Attach Certificates which was abolished in 2011. Thereafter, ECHS members may avail medical facilities in any ECHS polyclinic throughout the country on producing their ECHS Smart Card vide CO ECHS Letter No B/49711/AG/ECHS dt 25 March 2011.
On production of your ECHS smart card at reception of any outstation ECHS polyclinic (other than your parent polyclinic), you will be asked to opt for change of parent polyclinic or continue as a temporary member. If you change your parent polyclinic, there is a freezing period of six months and you will not be able to opt any other Parent polyclinic in this period.
In case the veteran opt for not to change his parent polyclinic, he/she will be issued medicines upto 7 days at a time and no non expendable medical equipment such as hearing aids etc will be issued in this case.
Action by ESM for change of ECHS Parent Polyclinic
Step. 1 : ESM should login to the designated website https://echs.sourceinfosys.com using his login credential (user ID, Password & Captcha).
Step. 2 : Select the beneficiary whose polyclinic is required to be changed and choose New Polyclinic the submit request.
Action by the OIC Old ECHS Polyclinic
OIC Old Polyclinic will receive the online transfer request and check the details of ESM. After that he will transfer out the beneficiary as requested by the ESM.
Action by the OIC New ECHS Polyclinic
OIC New Polyclinic will receive the online transfer request and check the details of ESM. After that he will approve the transfer in of the beneficiary as requested by the ESM and soon after that the beneficiary will be enlisted as permanent member of the polyclinic.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q1. What are the criteria for Change of Parent Polyclinic ?
Ans. As per Central Organisation ECHS Policy Letter No B/49711-New Smart Card/AG/ECHS dt 29 July 2019, all ECHS beneficiaries with 64 KB Smart Card can change their parent polyclinic once in 6 months.
Q2. What are the documents required for change of parent polyclinic ?
Ans. No document is required for change of polyclinic by the New Polyclinic. Once it is approved by the OIC New Polyclinic, changes taken place on real time basis and same will be up loaded in the ECHS portal. The beneficiary when reports to the New Parent Polylinic, will insert his smart card in to the Kiosk for updating the data or contact the reception for the same.
Q3. How long it takes to get approved the transfer request of ECHS parent polyclinic ?
Ans. No Specific time limit is there. As per information received through RTI application by a beneficiary, it should not take more than 2 days if no technical issue is there it being a total online process.
Q.4. Can I transfer my ECHS Card to any where in India ?
Ans. Yes there is no restrictions laid down in the policy letter. You may choose online any new parent polyclinic based on your suitability. No polyclinic can refuse it.
Q.5. What should I do if my request for change of polyclinic not approved even after a period of 15 days or more ven after repeated request to the old and new polyclinic ?
- Steps to Confirm Your Life Certificate Accepted by SPARSH
- Special Education Opportunity for Exservicemen
- Must Follow for Exservicemen at age group 40 to 50
- Successfull Protest of Ex-servicemen for their Legitimate Demands :Governor Called Veterans Meeting
- SBI Clerical Post Recruitment 2023 : Apply online now
- CSD Car Price Latest for All Models
- Age Relaxation Rules Updates for Ex Servicemen in Govt Jobs
- Latest Job Reservation Policy for Exserviceman : DOP&T Guidelines
- Exservicemen Special Job vacancy : Apply Now
- Delay in Implementation of AFT Orders on Grant of Disability Pension
- Ex-Serviceman is now Ex-Service Member : Ordered High Court
- Govt Policy on ECHS Empaneled Hospitals : Updates
- Advisory for Exservicemen : ECHS NA Medicine and other Bill Claim
- Pay Fixation of Reemployed Ex-servicemen : Updates on Revised Orders
- Letter from ECHS : All Medicines will now be Available
- Banks Must Ensure Linking Defence Pensioner’s Life Certificate With SPARSH
- For Exserviceman – Jobs in Airport Kolkata & Other Dept
- Govt Jobs Vacancy for ESM & Dependents : Apply Now
- Ways to Confirm Your Life Certificate Accepted by SPARSH or Not
- More than 300 Days Leave Encashment Allowed by P&H High Court : Ex-servicemen will be benefited
- Entitlement List of Two Wheeler Car TV AC AFD Items from CSD for all Ranks
- New Rules of CSD Items Puchase : Must Follow
- Application Process for Exservicemen Daughter’s Marriage Grant – Latest Guidelines 2023
- How to Check Your Life Certificate Submitted to SPARSH or Not
- Unknown Facts of Defence Accounts Department
- Special I Card for these Veterans : Apply Now
- Renew Your CSD Smart Card -Application Form Download Pdf
- Exserviceman Status to SSC Officers Also
- SPARSH Problem Solving Mechanism for Defence Pensioners : Mod Initiative
- Defence Pensioners Must Do this After Receiving SPARSH User Name Password
- Types of Disability Categorisation of Defence Personnel and Applicability of Pensionary Benefits
- Separate Pension for Pre and Post 2016 Pensioners : Clarification DOPT on X Gp Pay
- In this way SPARSH is solving Pension related Problems
- Digital Life Certificate on Smart Phone with Face Auth : step by step Guide
- OROP 3rd Instalment Received Before Diwali
- Ex-servicemen May Apply Now for these Govt Vacancies in Nov 2023
- Age Relaxation for Exservicemen by UPSC- IAS IPS etc postsc
- Ex-servicemen may Purchase Liquor and Grocery from any CSD ?
- 10 Years of Technical Experience Accepted as B Tech for Govt Job
- Counting of Military Service rendered by Ex-Servicemen before Civil Employment
- How to get New PPO Number without SPARSH User ID Password
- List of Members : Not Eligible to avail ECHS benefits
- All ECHS Members Must Possess these Documents- Note it Now
- New Advanced Technology Drone Heron Mk-II inducted in Army will strengthen the Nation
- Ex-Servicemen Become Industrialist : Govt Initiative
- DR ON PENSION FOR REEMPLOYED EXSERVICEMEN – DECISION OF SBI & PCDA(P)
- MSP in Pay Fixation of Reemployed Exservicemen – Govt Orders
- Honorary Naib Subedar will be Considered as a promotion to Nb Sub Said Ministry of Defence
- How to Open your Private Security Agency
- Two Family Pension for NOK of Defence Persons : Latest Rules
- Detailed Clarification on GMO ER 2023 by MoD (Naval) dt 03 Nov 2023
- Mistake in Life Certificate Submission Process by Banks for SPARSH Pensioners
- PCDA Circular 612 – Broadbanding of Disability Pension
- Life Certificate Form pdf Download and Signing Authority
- PCDA Circular No 616 – Grant of Medical Allowance to All ranks of Ex-serviceman in lieu of ECHS benefit
- SPARSH need to Resolve these issues immediately : Feedback from veterans
- Hidden Secret of Your SPARSH PPO Number
- Life Certificate and SPARSH Identification – Doubt Clear for Defence Pensioners
- PCDA Advisory – SPARSH Pensioners may Submit Life Certificate in Bank
- Rashtriya Indian Military College – RIMC Admission & Career
- CSD Card New Orders from QMG Br – Must Follow to Purchase Goods
- PCDA Circular 200 – Reemployed ESM will get DR on Pension ?
- Reemployed ESM Must Follow this -Either PCDA may Stop DR
- November started : Submit your Life Certificate to avoid stoppage of Pension
- Increase in ESM Children Education Grant upto 60 thousand per Child
- Your Pension for October 2023 Credited by SPRSH to Bank?
- Download SPARSH PPO & Pension Slip from SPARSH Portal
- Common Mistakes in Life Certificate Submission Process – Must be Aware
- Project Sambandh – welfare of Indian Army Soldiers NOK
- Job Vacancies for Ex-servicemen
- No more Extra Charge by ECHS Empaneled Hospitals
- How to Submit Life Certificate on SPARSH Portal ?
- Ground Reality of SPARSH Portal : You must Know it
- Know the Important Army Rules Applicable on Discharge of JCOs/OR
- Submit your Life Certificate Using Smart Phone from Home in few Clicks only
- IN CASE OF OVERPAYMENT OF PENSION – KNOW THE DEFENCE PENSION RULES
- DIVISION OF FAMILY PENSION of DEFENCE PERSONNEL
- Download this Form and submit to SPARSH to Avoid Deduction of DR from Pension
- SPARSH has Erroneously Deducted DR from Pension of Reemployed Ex-servicemen
- पूर्व सैनिक कब तक सरकारी नौकरियों के लिए Exservicemen कोटा का लाभ उठा सकता है
- For Life Certificate Need not to Wait Till November : SPARSH Pensioners
- Submit Life Certificate in 5 Ways for Govt and SPARSH Pensioners
- Military Hospital will Accept MEC Not Dependent card for treatment : Order by IHQ of MoD Army
- Ministry of Finance Released Orders regarding 46% DA for Central Govt Employees
- Income Tax Exemption Rules for Defence Pensioners : Changes after GMO and ER 2023
- Kendriya Sainik Board Welfare Schemes Review
- Project “Veterans On Duty” : Include your Details to Get Legitimate Rights
- Top Brass of Govt Dishonoured Soldiers : Strong Protest of Bar Association of AFT Chandigarh
- 2 Big Declaration for Govt Employees by Modi Sarkar
- University Degree with Marksheet without Exam for all Exservicemen: Apply now
- DA DR Increased by 4% : Approval by Cabinet Granted on 18 Oct 23
- Defence Pensioners Entitled Pension with Latest Pension Table : Check it Now
- SPARSH Login ID and Password Received: Do This Action within 15 Days
- Protest of Veterans and Retired soldiers : Rising Voice with Unity
- SPARSH Service Centre Address in your City for Problem Solving
- Procedure to Lodge Grievance on Pension and Welfare of Exserviceman
- Unknown Facts of Defence Accounts Department and PCDA Pension