One more card added in the list of Veterans. New benefits alongwith ECHS now for exservicemen using ABHA. The Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) is an initiative launched by the Government of India to digitize healthcare delivery and create a unified digital health ecosystem. It aims to leverage technology to provide efficient, accessible, and affordable healthcare services to citizens across the country.
The ABDM is part of the larger Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY), which is a national health insurance scheme that provides health coverage to economically disadvantaged individuals and families. MoD has now decided to extend this facility to the Exservicemen and their family members who are ECHS beneiciary. Detailed instructions available in the letter reproduced below :-
Tele 25683476 Mil:36833
BY REGD POST/ SDS
Central Organisation ECHS
Adjutant Generals Branch
Ministry of Defence (Army)
Thimayya Marg Near Gopinath Circle
Delhi Cantt -110010
21 Jun 2023
B/49769/AG/EC H S
IHQ of MoD (Navy)/Dir ECHS (N)
HQ IDS (Med Branch) DAV, Subroto Park
HQ Southern Command (A/ECHS)
HQ Eastern Command (A/ECHS)
HQ Western Command (A/ECHS)
HQ Northern Command (A/ECHS)
HQ Central Command (A/ECHS)
HQ South Western Command (A/ECHS)
HQ Andaman & Nicobar Command (A/ECHS)
All Regional Centres
ADVISORY ON ONBOARDING OF ECHS BENEFICIARIES ON AYUSHMAN
BHARAT DIGITAL HEALTH MISSION (ABDHM) – CREATION OF ABHA NUMBER
- Please refer DGMS (Army) letter No. B/79672/DGMS (A)/PM0 HIS/NDHM/2022 dt 21 Feb 2023(copy encl).
- The Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) was launched on 15 Aug 2020 by the Hon’ble Prime minister with a vision of creating an integrated digital health Infrastructure for the country and making healthcare accessible to all. It can bridge the existing gap amongst different stakeholder of the health care ecosystem through digital highway,s,
- National Health Authority is the apex body responsible for designing strategy, building technological infrastructure and implementation of ABDHM to create a National Digital Health Ecosystem. NHA has developed a common Health IT Platform under ABDM which seamlessly integrates all stakeholders in the ecosystem on the same platform.
- ABHA NUMBER – Ayushman Bharat Health Account (ABHA) number is a 14-digit unique number used to identify people, authenticate them, and thread their health records (only with their consent) across multiple healthcare service providers. The key features are: –
(a) Creating an ABHA ID is a must for users who want to save their health records stored digitally in the Personal Health Records (PHR) app.
- ABHA(Health ID) is a combination of the ABHA number, PHR address, PHR app / health locker.
- PHR address or ABHA address is created along with the ABHA number during ABHA registration. ABHA (Ayushman Bharat Health Account) Address is a unique identifier (self-declared username) that enables you to sign into the Health Information Exchange & consent manager to share and access your health records digitally.
- PHR app / Health Locker: Is used to receive, store & share medical records between patients & healthcare service providers.
5.Uses of ABHA NUMBER
- ABHA ID will prove critical to standardize the process of beneficiary identification across various healthcare providers.
- The ABHA ID will be a repository of all health-related information of every Indian.
- Various healthcare providers – such as hospitals, laboratories, insurance companies, online pharmacies, telemedicine firms – will be expected to participate in the health ID system.
- Every patient who wishes to have his or her health records available digitally must create a unique ABHA ID, using their basic details and mobile or Aadhar number.
- Each ABHA ID will be linked to a health data consent manager, who after patients informed consent, will allow seamless retrieval of medical documents and records from other platforms.
(1)The ABHA ID will be applicable across states, hospitals, diagnostic laboratories and pharmacies.
(g) This will also ensure that the medical records of a particular individual are issued to the correct individual and also accessed by the designated Health Information User with proper consent.
6. Uses of ABHA in ECHS Ecosystem
- Enable ECHS beneficiaries to avail services of other hospitals across
ECHS, CGHS, PMJAY schemes and the wide network of State Govt PHCs, CHCs and Hospitals.
- Use Health facility at remote places in India. The capacity to effortlessly
exchange medical records with hospitals. clinics, and doctors, allows receipt of medical care in new locations.
- All essential medical information, such as test results, diagnoses, and
medication prescriptions, are accessible quickly and easily and can prove to be lifesaving in an emergency.
- Access to the Healthcare Professional Registry (HPR), a comprehensive list of all doctors in India.
- Access to the Health Facility Registry (HFR), a directory of all government and commercial medical facilities in India.
- Validity at AYUSH treatment centers, including Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homoeopathy.
- This will not replace the ECHS card or the scheme but will enhance and facilitate the treatment of veterans on a wider scale.
- ECHS beneficiaries may be encouraged to register for an ABHA account online
and avail of the benefits akin to the facilities offered by DigiLocker. Dir RCs and OIC Polyclinics will create awareness amongst the beneficiaries about the benefits of opening an ABHA account. Further Stn Cdrs and GOC briefed by Dir RCs on the benefits of the ABHA Number and the desirability of registry on the ABDM. The procedure for registration and getting ABHA numbers is given as Appendix A.
- For SDCPL
- A new tab will be added to all the forms for ABHA number.
- For new registration of ECHS beneficiaries ,option be made available to
register for ABHA number and the same will be incorporated in their card and other forms.
- Medical records like RMB proceedings or other medical documents which are to be uploaded after retirement will be facilitated.
- The 14 DIGIT ABHA Number will be inscribed on the ECHS card at an appropriate place.
(Rajesh atlish) Surg Capt
Offg Dir (Med) for MD ECHS
Copy to: –
UTI-ITSL(BPA) for Info pl
All Sec -for info
Stats & Automation Sec – for uploading on website
- 8th CPC News
- Defence News
- Dependent of ESM
- Disability Pension
- ECHS update
- Fauji Story
- Govt Service Rules
- health guide
- Jobs for ESM
- OROP Latest News
- OROP revision
- Pay Fixation of Reemployed ESM
- Service Pension
- Welfare of ESM
- Welfare of serving personnel