SPARSH is now fully functional and administering the entire pension process of Defence pensioners. Legacy data of more than 25 Lakh pensioners have already been migrated to SPARSH portal by 01 Sep 2023. The remaining are in the funnel.
In this article we will came to know the entire process of data processing through process – step by step. The Complete Pension Process is now online through the SPARSH portal is here. This is an extract of DIAV Advisory No. 7.
Pension documents and data processing for Service Pensioners/ Medical Invalid Pensioners
FOR RETIRING SERVICE PENSION
1. Release Order issued by MS Br/Records
2. Pension documents submitted to ORO/Records.
3. ORO/Records uploaded on the SPARSH Portal
4. PCDA(O)/PAO(OR) scrutinizes the documents and initiates online LPC.
5. PCDA(O)/PAO(OR) also creates SPARSH id and Password which is sent to the prospective Retiree.
6. The Retiree is prompted to create his own in and logs-in to examine personal details.
7. The Retiree verifies his details- Pensioner Data Verification (PDV).
8. The Pension Sanctioning Authority, PCDA(P) examines and generates PPO.
9. The pension including disability element and other entitlements- Gallantry Award allowance,Gratuity, commutation and Ex Gratia are credited to the pensioner’s account.
10. Pension a/c should always be a joint a/c with spouse and Nominee be declared.
Pension documents and data processing for Family Pensioners
FAMILY PENSION FOR DEATH IN HARNESS
1. Processed through SPARSH- Procedure same as above.
2. Documents signed by the eligible claimant. Units provide all assistance. Documents processed expeditiously at all levels.
3. OFP commences initially till SFP/LFP adjudicated, wherever applicable.
4. Entitled ex-gratia, gallantry award money also endorsed in the PPO.
FAMILY PENSION FOR DEATH AFTER RETIREMENT
· Visit SPARSH website: https://sparsh.defencepension.gov.in/
· Go to “Services”
· Under ‘For Family Report Event’, Click on “Death”
· Personal details of deceased pensioner:
· Service (Army)
· Unique Identifier (Select any of the options- Bank Acct/Personal No/SPARSH PPO No/Regt No
· Fill the as per the selected Unique Identifier
· Name of the Pensioner
FAMILY PENSION FOR DEATH AFTER RETIREMENT PDA CPPC/DPDO
(Disbursement NOT YET MIGRATED TO SPARSH)
Spouse name already notified in PPO.
Beneficiary applies to PDA-Bank/DPDO with death certificate; submits live
certificate and an undertaking.
Spouse gets OFP (60% of ESM pension) or Enhanced rate as applicable.
In case name not endorsed in PPO, complete family pension claim documents be
Name endorsed in the PPO.
Pension commences as per above procedure.
Legal Guardian will operate account in case of special child
DEPENDENT PENSION (SON UNDER 25,
Eligible claimant applies for pension
Submits required documents to Records/ MP5, through Zila Sainik Board
Meeting all eligible conditions of dependency during the lifetime of either parents
or income criteria, PPO issued
Rest of the procedure same