Main Points Covered by MoD Regarding New Modalities of OROP-2 in OM dated 04.01.23
Department of Exservicemen Welfare, Ministry of Defence has pubslished Office Memorandum on Effectie Revision of Pension of Armed Forces Pensioners under the OROP Scheme. Defence ministry has published the executive orders on modalities of fixation of pension as per OROP norms of 2015 and payment of arrears raised thereof. Peopele used to ask What is the present position of OROP? What is the status of One Rank One pension? What about OROP News? and How is OROP pension calculated?
The President of India has pleased to decide that next revision of pension under OROP Scheme would be effective from 1.7.2019. Revision of pension is based on the principles adopted in MoD letter dated 07.11.2015.
Pension of the past pensioners would be re-fixed on the basis of pension of Defence Forces retirees of calendar year 2018 and the benefit will be effective from 01.07.2019. Pension will be re-fixed for eligible Defence Forces pensioners/family pensioners on the basis of the average of minimum and maximum pension of Defence Forces Personnel retired in calendar year 2018 in the same rank and with the same length of service.
Pension for those drawing above the average shall be protected.
The benefit would also be extended to family pensioners including war widows and disabled pensioners.
Arrears of OROP revision will be paid in four half yearly installments. However, all the family pensioners including those in receipt of Special/ Liberalized Family Pension and Gallantry Award Winners shall be paid arrears in one installment.
Personnel who opt to get discharged w.e.f. 01.07.2014 (on or after 01.07.2014) on their own request under Rule 13(3)I(i)(b), 13(3)Il(i)(b), 13(3)III(iv) or Rule 16B of the Army Rule 19’i4 or equivalent Navy or Air Force Rules will not be entitled to the benefits of OROP.
Detailed instructions along with tables for revision of pension for each rank and each category under OROP Scheme, shall be issued separately.
You may read the original PDF copy of this OM here : https://www.desw.gov.in/sites/default/files/WE%2004.01.2023.pdf
SBI Bank Guard recruitment has been started throughout the country.
Employment in SBI or any bank in any post stands for a social status besides
earning for livelyhood. According to the official communications published at
various sources, SBI HQ has directed all Circles to initiate the recruitment
process for filling up of the vacancies upto Dec 2022 of
Security Guard Posts and the entire process should be completed by the end of
Now the recruitment process for various states for the year 2022 has
been started. Some states has already been published the recruitment
notification for Exservicemen and some states are likely to be published soon.
The recruitment will be for all state an all Zones wherever SBI branches exist.
So you need not to worry about place of posting. We are sharing some
important recruitment related information here. As soon as the official
notification out, you should keep a close watch of the SBI website and local
newspapers and contact the ZSB and RSB office. To get updates from the official
website of SBI, kindly follow the SBI Career website.
Exemption of Toll Tax for Soldiers
It has been ensured from the trusted source that the case for exemption
of defence personnel from toll was taken up through PPOC by IAF ADG (SM), HQ MoD (Army) informed that the interaction with MoS, MoRTH has taken place on the matter related to exemption of toll tax for defence personnel and the necessary instructions would be issued in line with Indian Toll (Army & Air Force) Act, 1901. The provisions of the Indian Toll (Army & Air Force) Act. 1901 would continue to be extended to all defence personnel travelling in private vehicles on production of their Identity Cards at the Toll Plazas. Necessary directions as regard to exemption of Toll Tax for defence personnel have been issued vide letter dated 29 Aug 2022 issued by Air HQ. However , the issuance of the letter by MoRTH is still Awaited and expected to be received soon.
ECHS Life Certificate and 26 AS for Parents and Son/Daughter above 18 Years
Actions By The Primary Beneficiary
- A system generated warning message will be suitably displayed to submit Life Certificate and Eligibility documents of dependents who are 64KB ECHS card holders on completion of 11 months after the date of collection of the cards for the first time or previous renewal/ verification in the following manner :-
- When a Beneficiary Visits Any Polyclinic and Authenticates Himself/ Herself on the Kiosk. A warning message will be displayed to the beneficiary to update supporting documents online to confirm life certificate and/or eligibility by a specific date.
- When Primary Beneficiary will login to ECHS Website/ Portal echs.sourceinfosys.com using Login Credentials. Details of cards due for renewal will be displayed for which necessary documents will have to be uploaded online.
The same info can also be accessed on the ECHS
Mobile App on opening the Mobile App and logging in.
The date of next Annual Validation due will also be mentioned on the
Medical Officer’s prescription obtained from ECHS Polyclinic.
It will be the responsibility of the Primary Beneficiary to upload Annual Life
Certificate and documents for establishing the Eligibility to ensure validity of 64 KB ECHS Card. Primary Beneficiary to submit the following documents online:-
- Life Certificate by Spouse. The Primary Beneficiary will not be required to provide Annual Life Certificate for self and spouse. The Annual Life Certificate for the Primary Beneficiary will be obtained through SPARSH, CPP Portal as and when the software solution for the same is implemented. In case of demise of Primary Beneficiary or the spouse, action should be taken to block the card as per instructions promulgated vide Central Org letter No B/49711-NSC/AG/ECHS dated 16 Jul 2021.
- Life Certificate and Eligibility Certificate for Dependents.
- The Primary beneficiary will provide Life Certificate and Eligibility
Certificate for all his/ her dependents including White Card Holders, if any.
- The Primary beneficiary will provide Life Certificate and Eligibility
- The Primary beneficiary will select the dependent and then follow the instruction on the screen to upload document and submit declaration.
SPARSH Smart Card will be Issued Soon
A high level meeting of stake holders held on Defence Pension system on 14th December 2022 wherein proposal for introduction of SPARSH Smart Card has been adopted.
It is well known that the Defence pension has now been migrated to SPARSH system and pension is directly credited to your bank instead of payment by Bank CPPC. The role of CPPC has been discontinued to disburse the defence pension and all kind of administration of pension i.e sanction, disbursement, revision, grievance redressal and miscellaneous issued is now dealing by the SPARSH, PCDA Pension and other related defence establishments.
The benefits and after retirement facilities awarded to the Ex-servicemen and their family members are accountable to the concerned department within ministry of defence/ DESW/Kendriya Sainik Board. No integration among the various wings are there and it resulted discrepancy in managing the welfare of ESM.
To remove such difficulties, the Ministry of defence has proposed to introduce integrated smart card containing smart chip system which may integrate all related systems / benefits allowed to Ex-servicemen and their families i.e SPARSH Pension Details, PPO, Discharge Book, CSD Card, ECHS Card, Ex-serviceman ID Card, Service and pay details, family details etc.
It is expected that the New SPARSH Card will be effective for Defence service pensioners from 2024 onwards in a phased manner.
To read the detailed information discussed in the said meeting held on 14 Dec 2022 at New Delhi is available in our website ( click here).
(Disclaimer : Information provided in this website are not classified and freely available on Google. Publisher of this website has just reviewed, compiled and published the info for easy reading of the readers.)
Toll Tax Exemption for Soldiers : Govt Declared Authority
INDIA ARMED FORCES WITH NEW READYNESS
for resolution of Pension related grievances, Login at www.rakshapension.desw.gov.in or Kindly contact on Toll Free No: 1800 111 871
Click on Topics to Read
ECHS Card Renewal Policy : Take Action Must by 31 Dec 2022
To make the ECHS benefits easy access, kindly download ECHS Govt approved App on your Mobile. You may follow the link here – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sourceinfosys.echsbenapp&hl=en_IN&gl=US
OROP Latest News Updates
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh Declared : No Compromise On National Security For Good Relations With Our Neighbours
Speaking at the Sivagiri Mutt’s 90th annual pilgrimage, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh quoted the late Atal Bihari Vajpayee as saying that while we may change our friends, we cannot change our neighbours.
Therefore, we require cordial relationships with our neighbours. We won’t, however, sacrifice national security in order to keep friendly connections. The Defence Minister stated, “We do not seek good ties with anyone at the expense of our national security.
Singh also discussed the teachings of Sree Narayana Guru, a social reformer from Kerala whose philosophy of “prosperity through industry” served as the foundation for the Indian government’s “Atma Nirbhar Bharat” policy.
Information Credit :Google.
Drone Technology will change the game
Job Opportunities for Exservicemen
1. Please visit http://www.iimj.ac.in for non faculty positions at IIM Jammu
2. Adm Offr at ICTS of TIFR, Bengaluru Pay Level 10 www.icts.res.in/opportunities
3. CIPET Chennai requires Supervisory (Non Technical) Manager (P&A) at level 12 www.cipet.gov.in
4. Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Ltd intends to appoint qualified and experienced professionals for various posts on regular/contract/deptn basis. Please visit www.mmrcl.com last date being 18th January.
5. EME Aviation can apply for deputation to DGCA at level 13 for Director (Aircraft Engg) www.dgca.gov.in
6. IIM Amritsar has non-teaching positions. Please visit www.iimamritsar.ac.in. Last date is 31st December.
7. Lakshmibai college DU requires Adm Offr at Level 10. Please visit lakshmibaicollege.in
8. IIT Kanpur requires Asst Executive Engineer and Asst Registrar at Level 10. www.iitk.ac.in/infocell/
9. Col can also try for Adviser communication at NITI Aayog on deputation https://niti.gov.in/career/
10. Department of Consumer Affairs requires experts and professionals on contract basis. Please visit https://consumeraffairs.nic.in
There are huge vacancy in CRPF for ESM categoory which can be easily achieved. Interested ESM may apply for the selection. Detailed notification is given below :
SSC Recruitment for 10+2 Candidates
CSD Canteen Card and Entitlement
6th India-Maldives Joint Staff Talks further bolster bilateral defence cooperation
6thJoint Staff Talks (JST) between India and the Maldiveswere held in
New Delhi on December 20,2022.The meeting was conducted in a friendly,
warm and extremely cordial atmosphere. Discussions focused on the ongoing
and new initiatives under the ambit of existing bilateral defence cooperation
mechanism of all the three services and further strengthening the
The meeting was co-chaired by Assistant Chief of Integrated Defence
Staff, Headquarters Integrated Defence Staff (HQ IDS) Air Vice Marshal
Ashish Vohra and Commandant, Maldives National Defence Force (MNDF)
Service Corps Brigadier General Hamidh Shafeeg.The JST is a forum
established to boost defence cooperation between India and the Maldives
through annual talks at the strategic and operational levels between HQ IDS
Know About CSD Canteen Updates
INS Mormugao Commissioned by Raksha Mantri in Mumbai
Indigenous stealth guided-missile destroyer INS Mormugao, second
warship of P15B class, commissioned by Raksha Mantri in Mumbai
The warship, packed with state-of-the-art weapons & sensors, will
enhance country’s maritime capabilities & secure national interests,
says Shri Rajnath Singh
“Bolstering security apparatus amid evolving global scenario is our top
Aim is to make India an indigenous ship building hub: RM
Indian Naval Ship (INS) Mormugao (D67), second warship of the P15B
class of stealth guided-missile destroyers, was commissioned in the august
presence of Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh at Naval Dockyard, Mumbai on
December 18, 2022. The event marked the formal induction of the second of
the four ‘Visakhapatnam’ class destroyers, indigenously designed by the Indian
Navy’s in-house organisation Warship Design Bureau and constructed by
Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL), Mumbai.
Disability Pension Updates : Latest Rules
IMPORT AND EXPORT OF DEFENCE EQUIPMENT
For more Defence Service , Pension and Welfare related News visit our website www.esminfoclub.com