CSD card is Expired ? Dont Worry ! Yearly renewal process has been discontinued but after expiry of 10 years you need renew your card means a new card required to be taken. You need to replace the CSD smart card now. Govt of India, Ministry of Defence has commenced online CSD Card replacement and renewal portal launched. However, due to some technical reason this website is under maintenance and not functioning.
CSD Canteen Card renewal offline process
Those who are using CSD facilities for at least the last ten years using the same CSD Smart card, they need to replace their Card (Renewal) which can be done by visiting your nearest CSD. Recently, Govt has introduced the CSD Smart card Online Portal. In this article we will discuss the detailed process of offline application for CSD smart cards. CSD beneficiaries should know this process to renew/replace old CSD cards so that you may get your card soon and avail CSD facilities.
Documents required for CSD Card renewal
- Application form as available here in PDF form.
- Copy of Your PPO, Adhaar Card & PAN Card
- Photos – Single, Joint Photo with spouse & Dependent photograph – as applicable.
- Current Pay Slip mentioning being paid from Defence estimates For Serving Defence Civilian.
- Current Pension Slip for Pensioners
- Other Documents where applicable as per pdf format (duly filled) of undermentioned Appendices, e
- Appendix “A” for Promoted cases of Serving & Serving to Retired Armed Forces.
- Appendix “B” for ESM without Pension.
- Appendix “C” for Serving Defence Civilian on Deputation.
- Appendix “D” or Authorised Document (Single page/card) for Exempted Payment of Canteen Smart Card Categories such as Battle Casualty – Fatal/Chakra Awardee.
- Payment in DD
- CSD Cards will be delivered within 30 days form date of submission, Collect it from URC.
- Your CSD Smart cards are valid for 10 years. Expiry date is written on your CSD cards, purchase bills and also CSD billing clerk can inform you.
- Functional Mobile Number & Email ID, Card ID & Serial Number of Grocery/Liquor card.
Eligibility Criteria for CSD Card
Eligibility for CSD Smart card : In accordance with Army Order AO 32/84, Ex-Servicemen and their families and Retired defence personnel with a minimum of 5 years of service are entitled to get CSD Canteen facilities available in units/establishments. Cadets / Recruits boarded out on medical grounds are also entitled to avail CSD facilities. Medically invalidated and getting any kind of pension with less than 5 years of service personnel also entitled to get CSD Smart card.
CSD Smart Card Renewal Online
CSD has introduced several new systems in the last two decades. You must be aware of the Online CSD AFD items purchase portal, which is effectively used by lakhs of CSD beneficiaries. Now the Dept of CSD has introduced another digital step towards the convenient ways of CSD Canteen Card Renewal Online through CSD Smart Card Online Portal.
And it can be possible in online mode. You need not to visit any CSD unit or Deport or any Officer’s signature required. Just follow this information and make it easy. You can now apply for new CSD smart card completely using online process. The portal at present is under maintenance for improvement. You may wait for a few days or submit hard copy of the application at URC.
How to renew CSD card Online
CSD Canteen Card Online renewal or replacement is now held up for time being. However CSD beneficiaries are eagerly waiting to know How to renew CSD card Online. CSD Canteen Card Apply Online process is available on our website as a link shared here. CSD Smart Card Online Apply process can be checked now
Due to some technical reason, the portal for online application of CSD smart cards may not work. You need not to be worried, it will be alright very soon.
CSD Smart Card Application form
You may download in get a printout of this form bothside and apply as mentioned above.