Army navy and Air Force personnel and officers are know as guardian of the national Security. It has been observed by the service HQs that some breach of rules have been found among the Serving and retired personnel of Army, Navy, A F and Defence Civilians which need to be rectified as soon as possible.
It is very poften seen that a Pvt vehicle – two wheeler or four wheeler with marking as “Army” , “Navy” , “Air Force” , “Defence” or ” Ex Army” etc which is contrary to the existing Law of Motor Vehicle Act. In this regard, Army HQ has issued instructions from time to time. Recently, the matter has been seriously observed by the some state police authority and brought attention to the authorities concerned. Copy of the MoD letter in this regard is appended here –
|Phone : 3018188
|Additional Directorate General
Discipline and Vigilance
Adjutant General’s Branch
DHQ PO, New Delhi —110011
29 Mar 2001
Army Trg Command
PROHIBITION FROM DISPLAYING ‘ARMY’ ON THE PRIVATE VEHICLES
1. Of late, a trend of marking `ARMY’ and display of regimental crests/insignias on the private vehicles by the Armed Forces personnel has become rather noticeable/popular. The AF and Naval personnel are also following suit. A number of civilians have also started writing ‘ARMY’ on their vehicles. This may be either due to the fact that the vehicle may have been sold by an army officer and the marking has not been obliterated by the new owner, or it has been done deliberately-to gain advantage.
2. While as guardians of national security, the inherent pride of the Army-man in his profession is laudable, his primary responsibility as a citizen of the country to follow its rules and regulations has also to be kept in view.
3. The privilege to display or inscribe ‘ARMY’ on the private vehicles has not been sanctioned under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, nor under the State Motor Vehicles Acts. As a matter of fact, Rule 71 of DELHI MOTOR VEHICLES RULES, 1993, prohibits exhibition, display or inscription of any advertising device, figure or writing on any vehicle except when permitted by the State Transport Authority.
Only the public service vehicles carrying Government mail, by or under a contract with the Indian Post and Telegraph Dept, are permitted to exhibit, in a conspicuous place upon a plate or a plain surface of the motor vehicle, the word ‘Mail’. It may, thus, be safely concluded that no motor vehicle of any description or category is allowed to display any sign or inscription, which obviously includes vehicles owned by Army personnel as well. Therefore, the practice of writing ARMY and fixing/painting of regimental insignias on private motor vehicles of all types will cease forthwith.
4. You are requested to please disseminate the content of this letter all concerned accordingly.
- How to Update PAN and Email ID on SPARSH Portal Once you have received your SPARSH user ID and Password… Read more: How to Update PAN and Email ID on SPARSH Portal
- DA Crossed 50% in January and Now DA for July 24 based on AICPN is more PositiveAs you all know, inflation has already exceeded 50% since… Read more: DA Crossed 50% in January and Now DA for July 24 based on AICPN is more Positive
- Ex-servicemen may Get Refund of Lakhs of Rupees : Eligible Pensioners Apply NowThere is great news for Ex-servicemen. Many pensioners have noticed… Read more: Ex-servicemen may Get Refund of Lakhs of Rupees : Eligible Pensioners Apply Now
- Ex-servicemen and Soldiers Honoured : Salute to these Private OrganisationsExservicemen and soldiers feel honoured as they have been respected… Read more: Ex-servicemen and Soldiers Honoured : Salute to these Private Organisations
- Reality of Modernisation projects of Indian ArmyIn a discussion about the introduction of Agniveer, Colonel Shailendra… Read more: Reality of Modernisation projects of Indian Army
- On SPARSH Portal must Upload Income Tax Declaration : Follow this ProcessAfter OROP 2 and 7th CPC revision, pension of the… Read more: On SPARSH Portal must Upload Income Tax Declaration : Follow this Process
54% off – Eightiz Refrigerator Stand, Washing Machine Stand Furniture Base Stand Fridge Stands with Tank Tread Grip for Washer and Dryer Home Appliances (conical) =- Price – ₹299.00 (₹74.75 / Count)
48% Morphy Richards Europa Drip Espresso Coffee Machine For Home|600W Drip Coffee Maker|6-Cups Capacity*|Anti-Drip Function|Dry Heat Protection|Warming Plate|2-Yr Warranty By Brand|Black – Price ₹3,095.00
48% Prestige Stainless Steel 1.5 Litre Kettle 1500-Watts, Red Price – ₹1,245.00
10% off – Pidilite WD 40 Smart Straw|All Purpose Cleaner for Home Improvement|Multipurpose Spray to Clean Chimney, Stain, and Surface|Loosen Stuck & Rust Parts, Removes Sticky Residue, & Auto Maintenance-500ML – Price ₹500.00 (₹500.00 / count)
33% off – Asian Paints ezyCR8 Rust Remover Spray, for Auto Maintenance, Home Improvement, Loosens Stuck & Rust Parts, Removes Sticky Residue, Descaling, Protectant & Cleaning Agent (250 ml) – Price ₹210.00
90% off Rylan Adhesive Hooks 13.2LB(Max) Heavy Duty Self Adhesive Hooks Transparent Waterproof and Oilproof Wall Hooks for Kitchen Bathroom Shower Door Outdoor Home Improvement Utility Hook 5 Pack Price ₹999.00
49% off – Khillayox Microfiber Cleaning Cloths, 400 GSM Reusable & Washable Cleaning Cloth | Highly Absorbent Lint and Streak-Free Multi-Purpose Wash Cloth for Kitchen Home Floor Car Window Pack of 6-25×25 cm -= prioce – ₹499.00
74% off – Wireless Doorbell, Himster Waterproof Door Bell Chime Kit Alarm for Home at Over 1000 Feet Range Operating with 56 Melodies, LED Flash, 7 Levels Adjustable Volume (Black 1 Transmitter & 1 Receiver) = Price ₹3,499.00