The Indian Army AGIF home loan is a mortgage loan offered to members of the Indian Army, Navy, and Air Force. It is designed to facilitate the Army personnel provide finance for the purchase of a home. The loan is offered at a competitive interest rate and may have more flexible terms than a traditional mortgage loan from Banks. In this article you will know about AGIF Home Loan : Aplication Process Douments Eligibility.
Eligibility for the loan is determined by the AGIF (Army Group Insurance Fund) and is based on factors such as rank, length of service, and the applicant’s credit history as details given below. To apply for the loan, military personnel must submit an application along with supporting documentation to the AGIF.
The AGIF home loan can be used to finance the purchase of a new home or to refinance an existing home loan. It can also be used to finance home renovations or repairs. The loan amount is determined by the AGIF based on the applicant’s financial situation and the value of the property being purchased.
Repayment of the AGIF home loan is typically done through monthly installments, with the loan being fully repaid over a period of several years. The specific terms of the loan, including the repayment period and interest rate, will be determined by the AGIF based on the applicant’s individual circumstances.
It is important to note that the AGIF home loan is only available to members of the Indian military and is not open to civilians.
Eligibility Criteria for AGIF Home Loan
Check the eligibility criteria before applying the AGIF Home Loan. To avail the AGIF Home loan you must follow these:
- Applicant should be a Serving Army Personnel
- Applicant must complete minimum 2 years of service
- Ex-servicemen are not eligible
- Reemployed Ex-servicemen in Army are not eligible
- TA and APS serving personnel are not eligible
AGIF Home Loan is available to Army Personnel for the following purposes
- Self construction of building at own plot for living purpose (Including cost of plot)
- Purchase Resale house
- Purchase of Flat/House from promotor/Builder/housing board/societies, AWHO etc
- Repair and renovation of own house
- Addition or alteration of own house
AGIF Home Loan Amount Limit
For Officers : 0 Lakh
For JCOs : 35 Lakh
For OR : 30 Lakh
Documents required for AGIF Home Loan
The documents required to get the AGIF Loan are :
- Photographs three stages of the house i.e Plinth, Lanter and Completion work
- Blueprint (sketch or plan of the building) duly certified by architect and sanctioned by Municipality/Panchayet.
- Mutation/conversion of plot to residential purpose
- NOC on Plot
- Sale deed of the plot
- Estimate cost plan for the building
- Proof of other source of funding for construction/purchase
- The House/flat should not be older than 10 years
- For construction of home, you should be the one and only owner of the plot. No oint ownership is allowed.
The Loan is not (NOT) available for the following Purpose
- Purchase of plot of land.
- Payment of registration / earnest money deposits.
- Purchase of Dwelling Unit on hire-purchase basis.
- If similar advance has been taken from HDFC or any other loan advancing agency.
- Re-payment of loan or advance taken from any other source.
- Purchase / Construction of a Dwelling Unit for commercial purposes.
- Addition / alteration / improvement to an existing property.
- Purchase / Construction of a dwelling Unit outside India.
- Purchase / construction of a dwelling Unit which is jointly owned by member and mother or member and father or member and son / daughter or any other blood relations
- Purchase of a dwelling unit/house older than 10 years.
How to apply for AGIF Home Loan
AGIF Home Loan : important factors must know before Apply
- Contact AGIF Main office at Delhi and collect application brochure
- Keep ready the requisite documents and submit as per instructons
- You may get home purchase/construction loan once in service
- In addition you may get loan for repairing of home once only
- No processing fee required
- Maximum 20 ears of repayment period.
- Repayment should be completed before 6 months of your tentative date of retirement based on your rank
- For repairing max loan amount is 15 lakh and period of repayment is 5 years only
- Part payment can be made maximum in two part and minimum 20% at a time
- Loan amount will be disbursed in three phases for construction of home i.e at the time of plinth , roof casting and plastering/finishing
Rate of interest for AGIF Home Loan
- For purchase of home / construction – 7.15% pa (Subject to change of base rate by RBI)
- For Repair of house – 8.15% pa (Subject to change of base rate by RBI)
To apply AGIF Home Loan, contact on the details given below :
Where to contact for army AGIF HBA Home Loan
AGIF Loan Customer Care details (You may Contact them) :
Help Line Desk – 011- 26148654 & 011- 26148055
AGIF Exchange Nos – 011- 26142749 & 011- 26151031
Postal Address – Army Group Insurance Fund
AGI Bhawan, Rao Tula Ram Marg
Post Bag No 14, PO-Vasant Vihar
New Delhi – 110057
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
also know about : AGIF home loan pdf AGIF home loan documents, AGIF home loan website, AGIF home loan application form, AGIF home loan interest rate 2023, AGIF home loan emi calculator, AGIF home loan documents, AGIF home loan contact number
- 8th CPC News
- Defence News
- Dependent of ESM
- Disability Pension
- ECHS update
- Fauji Story
- Govt Service Rules
- health guide
- Jobs for ESM
- OROP Latest News
- OROP revision
- Pay Fixation of Reemployed ESM
- Service Pension
- Welfare of ESM
- Welfare of serving personnel