Pay and allowances including Pension of Central Govt employees was revised with effect from 01.01.2016 with recommendation of 7th CPC. As per norms and previous practice, the next Central Pay Commission expected to be effective wef 01.01.2026. Recommendations of pay commission takes a long period and it may be approx 2 years (from past records). So, all Govt employeees are expecting to get a good news regarding formation of 8th Central Pay Commission in the begining of 2024. In this regard, the information was sought during Rajya sabha Session which is reproduced below :-
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE
UNSTARRED QUESTION No. 395
TO BE ANSWERED ON TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 6, 2024/ 17 MAGHA, 1945 (SAKA)
INFORMATION REGARDING EIGHTH PAY COMMISSION
395 SHRI RAM NATH THAKUR:
Will the Minister of Finance be pleased to state:
the reasons recorded on files for not considering and according approval of Para 1.22 of 7th CPC by Government;
whether no proposal for setting up Eighth Central Pay Commission is under consideration due to the fact that Government is not in a position to bear the burden of pay commission;
if so, the details and reasons for such situation; and if not, the reasons why 5th largest economy is not setting up Eighth Central Pay Commission and revising pay of the Central Government employees who are facing unprecedented inflation in the last thirty years?
MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(SHRI PANKAJ CHAUDHARY)
(a) This issue has not been considered by the Union Cabinet while according the approval for the revision of pay and allowances based on 7th CPC.
(b) to (d): No such proposal is under consideration of the Government.
- How to Update PAN and Email ID on SPARSH Portal Once you have received your SPARSH user ID and Password… Read more: How to Update PAN and Email ID on SPARSH Portal
- DA Crossed 50% in January and Now DA for July 24 based on AICPN is more PositiveAs you all know, inflation has already exceeded 50% since… Read more: DA Crossed 50% in January and Now DA for July 24 based on AICPN is more Positive
- Ex-servicemen may Get Refund of Lakhs of Rupees : Eligible Pensioners Apply NowThere is great news for Ex-servicemen. Many pensioners have noticed… Read more: Ex-servicemen may Get Refund of Lakhs of Rupees : Eligible Pensioners Apply Now
- Ex-servicemen and Soldiers Honoured : Salute to these Private OrganisationsExservicemen and soldiers feel honoured as they have been respected… Read more: Ex-servicemen and Soldiers Honoured : Salute to these Private Organisations
- Reality of Modernisation projects of Indian ArmyIn a discussion about the introduction of Agniveer, Colonel Shailendra… Read more: Reality of Modernisation projects of Indian Army
- On SPARSH Portal must Upload Income Tax Declaration : Follow this ProcessAfter OROP 2 and 7th CPC revision, pension of the… Read more: On SPARSH Portal must Upload Income Tax Declaration : Follow this Process