Meeting of Raksha Mantri’s Expert Committee has taken several decision among which one of the most important one is rehabilitation of ESM in Govt Jobs. In this article we will read the discussions on the issue and decision taken thereof.
(a) Discussions. Most States/UTs provide reservation for ESM in State
Govt jobs. Some are providing reservation only in Group C & D jobs, whilst a few have extended reservation to all Groups. The members from states mentioned the respective schemes which are already in force. Some have sought clarity on the issue as the Gp D posts were abolished after VII CPC and some GP C posts were upgraded to Gp B. It was brought out by members from UTs that DoPT needs to clarify on this issue, The issue of under utilisation of the reservations was also brought out and the need for having an ESM reservation monitoring mechanism in each State was suggested. The following points were brought out by various dignitaries:-
Lt. Gen (Dr) DP Vats .Retd . MP Rajya Sabha ,There is a requirement to conduct detailed study into the availability of ESM Reservation and its utilisation pattern to formulate effective policies for its implementation.
Lt Gen C Bansi PVSM AVSM, VSM, Adjutant
General. Due to horizontal reservation all the available vacancies for ESM do not get filled up. Four States have no Reservation for ESM. These aspects need to be looked into.
Shri Prasad I.A.S representative of Bihar. Govt of Bihar has Introduced a alternate reservation policy on special vacancy instead of genOral reservation. There is a special Auxiliary Police Battalion with 3500 posts reserved for Veterans.
Ms Padma Jaiswal representative of Puducherry. .Govt of Puducherry provides ESM reservation in Gp D (20%) and Gp C (10%). However, Post 7th CPC, Gp D Posts have either been abolished or upgraded to Gp C Posts which is causing problems in providing full vacancies to the ESM. in this connection Govt of Puducherry has already written letter to DoPT.
All states are requested to provide reservation for ESM in State Govt institutions/ PSUs and also consider offering of their Milk Federation run milk booths/ parlour as a resettlement option.
States/UTs should set up a monitoring mechanism – dedicated officers to monitor the utilisation of ESM reservations.
States should formulate their Master Rosters for ESM Reservation to smoothen the process for identification & filling up of ESM vacancies in various States/UTs, Ministry/ Dept
States may consider award of Graduation Certificates to EMI through State Universities, as being done by Andhra University & Punjab University
Action By, State Govts/ UTs, DESW/ DGR
- Authorisation of Family Pension to the Dependent Disabled Brothers & Sisters of Defence Services PersonnelDefence services personnel and their dependents are now aware of the various welfare related entitlement. …
- No more Disability Pension for Armed Forces on RetirementMoD has modified the Rules of Entitlement for disabled soldiers. The compensation on account of …
- Proved Methodologies to Achieve Government Jobs – Crack Competitive ExaminationGovt Jobs in India for Fresher and Exserviceman In India, government occupations are profoundly desired …
- How to submit ECHS Card Renewal DocumentsCentral Organisation ECHS has already published detailed procedure on Annual Validation of ECHS Membership of …
- Full Age Relaxation to Exservicemen for Appointment in Gp A and B Officers PostThere are huge confusion in the matters related tto age relaxation on reemployent of exservicemen. …